Issue over 4k RPM

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use a wire to ensure the tank vent is not plugged, it's a very small opening.

Did you have the jet block rubber plugs in the wrong places? I bought a used bike, and I didn't even try starting it before I tore-down the carburetors. I found one of the jets wasn't even screwed-in the jet block.
What a pity for ignorance, the connection to the overflow valve is the same as the vent? or where it is located.

well, corrected or almost another problem, I had to change all the spark plugs, all of them broke. Now it speeds like hell. I need to adjust the air mixture well, I have it at 2.5 turns but I smell a lot of fuel.

I'll tell everyone how it goes later.

Shorted-out. Probably the ceramic insulator failed.

One of the shade-tree ways to evaluate your distributor cap, points, condenser and plug wires, was to perform an 'evening inspection,' looking for the electrical discharges due to failed components, much-more visible at night. Packard 440 wire! KMart sold a points, rotor and condenser set in a bubble-pack for well-under $5. A distributor cap, and a set of fresh plugs, ($15 tax-included) and you're ready to go.

continuing my bad streak of problems with my pretty old lady.
The fuel pump burned out, and as you know I live in Colombia, difficult to get parts or import.
Any OEM recommendation? or something in Amazon?

Last edited:
Back