Issues after flash.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any backfire - I did when I originally installed the tune because I ALSO installed the Delkavik exhaust at the same time. When installing the Delk, I didn't make a good exhaust gasket seal and had a VERY SLIGHT exhaust leak. Once I fixed the exhaust leak - no more backfiring. I still have the annoying stumble though :/.
!!!! How did you find the exaust leak? I ordered all new exaust gaskets, waiting to install at the same time as my valve check . I got all of them oem, plus silicone for the joints of the ufo exaust. .... was your leak near the motor? Where was it exactly ?

SOOOooo.... I cheated. I gave up and brought it to a dealer who I know and they fixed it :). I'd like to say I figured it out myself but I didn't, I outsourced :D.

ADD IN EDIT: I cheated AFTER I ordered all new exhaust gaskets AND exhaust header bolts, checked the torque etc etc etc.

Last edited:
Yea my mistake, I thought you were still syncing the throttle bodies :D I left spark plugs for my mechanic, even he said it was interesting and very enjoyable job (sarcasm alert). For the coils, you could try compressed air to drain hole on side of each cylinder? That might pop them off or at least help a little.
sorry for the long time response, but yes i got the plugs out and its a pain on the arse, but that is why i was asking if there is an easier way to pull the air box out not just the filter cover i mean the whole thing and it would be much easier to remove the plugs, that left front plug can be a touch of a problem getting it out, the plug falls down, oh its a real nightmare and using that little stupid plug tool that comes with the bike, then to put the new one in oh boy from the right side through the frame whole with a long socket extension wow i nearly took a sledge hammer that nightmare of a job, but all is well finally with time i got it in there, will never do that again, will have to get someone else to do it, if i still have the bike by then. also someone said about the cold starts after the flash, mr. nash told me to hit the starter a couple of times for a couple seconds and it starts everytime, i don't know what the issue is but it starts just like i said hit the starter for a couple turns and stop hit it again and after a couple turns bang it starts right up every time on when cold, when its warm no issue turn right away after a couple of turns.....

I hated my nash flash sold it and bought software to do it my self. More power better mileage win win for me.
i personally am very happy with the nash flash lots of power more than i can handle the only draw back is fuel economy but then again what makes power is fuel and air so want to play gotta pay thats the way i see it, i don't see how you say your getting more power and better fuel milage i think its a pipe dream on these bikes......

i personally am very happy with the nash flash lots of power more than i can handle the only draw back is fuel economy but then again what makes power is fuel and air so want to play gotta pay thats the way i see it, i don't see how you say your getting more power and better fuel milage i think its a pipe dream on these bikes......
Part throttle is your fuel economy the flash is way too rich if your getting worse economy simple as that. Should be 14.7 afr for best mileage. If you put a wide band controller on and read afrs i bet yours is probably around 13. Way too rich. Get a pcv and auto tune or get a custom flash for your bike. Personally i will never pay for a generic flash like the nash.

Part throttle is your fuel economy the flash is way too rich if your getting worse economy simple as that. Should be 14.7 afr for best mileage. If you put a wide band controller on and read afrs i bet yours is probably around 13. Way too rich. Get a pcv and auto tune or get a custom flash for your bike. Personally i will never pay for a generic flash like the nash.
well dude you seem to know what your talking about with your #s i am not a tuner or pretend to know stuff i don't know anything about, all i know is there was a pcv on the bike before i got the tune and took the pcv out after the tune and the bike woke right up and its like night and day but like i said the fuel econ. isn't great, ill get about 100 mil per tank on a good day but if i play oh boy not much, so there you have it, i don't go long haul with it, its just a toy and a beast at that.....

Back