Issues after flash.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats why i flash my own ecu. I can make changes and adjustments my self. A mail order flash just gets you in the ball park. Only fix is a custom flash or a power commander. People could save a lot of money not getting a mail order flash.

Thats why i flash my own ecu. I can make changes and adjustments my self. A mail order flash just gets you in the ball park. Only fix is a custom flash or a power commander. People could save a lot of money not getting a mail order flash.
What setup are you using to flash your ECU?

Most of us don't have access to a dyno, the time to make adjustments, the knowledge required for all of it that $600 doesn't remedy. Most of us are, though, very happy with our Nash flash.

I hated my nash flash sold it and bought software to do it my self. More power better mileage win win for me.

So im lying? You have no experience yet doubt everything.

Never said you were lying. But your claim that you have more power & better mileage than Tim Nash's flash, which you claim to hate, strains reason just a little bit. You're right, I have no experience with your flash but I do with Tim's. I absolutely loved his work so it makes me curious why you hated yours...almost as if you're exaggerating a bit. Think I've earned the right to be a little doubtful when you make such claims without one shred of proof. It's also a bit insulting to Mr Nash.

Not insulting anyone much respect for tim. A mail order tune is just that. Never be as good as a custom tune. A lot long cranking time 12.8 afr part/ cruise and pulling 30% with power commander at part throttle and the best of 27 mpg is what it is.
Just too many variables in a mail order tune. Percent in balance of injectors,fuel pressure the list goes on. I dont care who gives you your flash it will never be close unless you have closed loop operation. Im happy your happy i was not. No big deal. ✌

Obviously, a custom tune will always be better than a mass-produced one...assuming the tuner knows what they're doing. Don't agree that open loop won't be close. You can argue the O2 sensor on closed loop will get it closer but that isn't the only sensor affecting fuel/air. Many of the other reflashing businesses ditch the O2 sensor. Tim even says to get that last little bit of power out of the bike to go with a fuel controller but that doesn't mean anything without it is useless. Just so I'm clear, you're only running with your own version of reflashing & no fuel controller, right?

Kinda i use a pcv ignition module with boost reference to only pull timing under boost but yes all zeros as far as fuel goes.

Obviously, a custom tune will always be better than a mass-produced one...assuming the tuner knows what they're doing. Don't agree that open loop won't be close. You can argue the O2 sensor on closed loop will get it closer but that isn't the only sensor affecting fuel/air. Many of the other reflashing businesses ditch the O2 sensor. Tim even says to get that last little bit of power out of the bike to go with a fuel controller but that doesn't mean anything without it is useless. Just so I'm clear, you're only running with your own version of reflashing & no fuel controller, right?
I am very impressed with the "Moore Mafia" and his flashes for many performance bikes,,did great work on the MT-10 but never the VMAX.

Eric Levitz & Deathpulse, are you guys saying the lag is just as bad after the reflash as before, ie, not even a slight improvement?

I don't think they saw any improvement, by what they've stated here.
Totally faster.. sick :)
Just that in turns i have to be careful, the throttle will give it power at 5he slightest movement. Also it is not smooth throttle, like clean when you turn it slowly. When I open it, bo problem there, just when trying to ride moderately/ cruising

its generally turn in when starting from a stop or low power/slow cruising. Higher RPMs /more throttle input the issue goes away.
What do you mean turin it .. I didnt understand the first part of your post.... either way, it sounds like mine.
St slow cruise speeds do you feel like all the sudden the bike takes off when you wish it is more gradual ?

I was typing from my cell phone - not sure how "turn in" got in there but I'll try and delete it so my post makes the most sense. Yes, its like a flat spot or "Stumble" from a stop - kinda like when a carbureted bike needs the carb cleaned or something like that. The bike power dies down for a moment, which causes me to apply more throttle, then the bike SNAPS out of it, which is the dangerous part (over throttle on a bike with this much power).

I was typing from my cell phone - not sure how "turn in" got in there but I'll try and delete it so my post makes the most sense. Yes, its like a flat spot or "Stumble" from a stop - kinda like when a carbureted bike needs the carb cleaned or something like that. The bike power dies down for a moment, which causes me to apply more throttle, then the bike SNAPS out of it, which is the dangerous part (over throttle on a bike with this much power).
We have the same problem, and I haven't found an answer. I have ufo pipes, and air box mod.
Do you have any backfire?
Either way .. we have the same problem.

I don't have any backfire - I did when I originally installed the tune because I ALSO installed the Delkavik exhaust at the same time. When installing the Delk, I didn't make a good exhaust gasket seal and had a VERY SLIGHT exhaust leak. Once I fixed the exhaust leak - no more backfiring. I still have the annoying stumble though :/.

Back