It’s arrived!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^¡ thanks for posting that, never heard of the Z2 until now. Was for Japanese matket, in effect a Z1 with different pistons and crank.

Quite a bit of work required to that one.

Quite a bit of work required to that one.
These guys are fearless, but they won't do a bike they can't make $ on. If someone wants to pay to buy it and fund a restoration, then it would end up 'pretty.' Unfortunately, many such bikes are 'upside-down' in value once completed. There are many people who want their favorite bike re-done, or one belonging to their dad, and they're willing to fund the cost.

The owner of that bike has another vintage Kawasaki air-cooled 4-cyl DOHC big-bore he's looking to do. I'll wait until that's further-along. He's the guy with the black bike in post #3. This one will be a step-beyond the monoshock LTD shown there. He recently sold a CA-77 (1960's 305 Honda Dream, if you aren't familiar with them) he found in the same collection as the Z-2.

That’s a little more patina than I would care to preserve.
That's just a few parts away from being a whole bike.

This is a challenge as-far as the amount of patina is concerned.

Harley May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 076.jpg

Photo by the author at the Milwaukee Harley-Davidson Museum.

Have you heard of the Japanese Harley-Davidson which floated around the Pacific Ocean for a year in a shipping container after the March 2011 tsunami?

1644108297739.png

Even modern bikes can get patina. This is a 2004 Twin-Cam Softail Night Train FXSTB. This is also an exhibit at the Milwaukee Harley-Davidson Museum.

Read about its amazing journey: The Motorcycle That Rode the Tsunami | Travel | Smithsonian Magazine

Last edited:
Well, since Bikermidwife has shown a little latitude for his discussion, I'd like to expand on the Kawasaki topic if I may.

I had a brand new zl900 I rode off the showroom floor in Florida in 85. Had the good fortune to acquire a very nice specimen 13ish years ago... which was a sweet machine. It was unfortunately lost in a rear end collision. I had just completed making some stylistic changes and was bitterly disappointed.

Anyway, with number one back in 85, a friend at the time had an LTD 1000. I know they are wonderful machines, but I can tell you that I frustrated the heck out of him with that Eliminator. It shadt all over him every time we went out. The Ninja engine was something else. Of course its evolution has been fun to watch as well.

Here's the one I lost in 2011:

View attachment 82501View attachment 82502
Since blown Eliminator motors are difficult , ( for me anyway ) to replace or repair , some have resorted to the ZRX motor. A very good runner...

Latest posts

Back