It all started

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
...when I ordered a set of steering head bearings for Sallymax from Morley this morning!

Figureing on being ready to install them when they arrived, I started taking taking her apart....then I thought, hell, I'll put in solid motor mounts, and as long as I was in the neighborhood, I might just as well replace the removable frame section cause it's got a ding in it where the crash bar hit when Sally had his mishap.

Then I said....fuggitt, I'll tear the whole thing apart, take a whole shitload of measurements and make sure the frame is nice & straight....prolly install frame braces and possibly frame gussets too!

BTW, not even close to the steering head bearings yet.....this may be a lengthy project! :biglaugh:

Attachments

• 100_1773.jpg
    100_1773.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 71
O.M.G :worthy: someday I may be retired , but ambitous too, I can only hope!you go Dan:punk::punk::punk:

Danny, I think you need to set up a cot in the garage for the mod monkey, cause it sure looks like he is going to be around for awhile. :rofl_200:

Mike

LOL, yep. I have solid mounts on hand too if you want me to send some.

Sean

...when I ordered a set of steering head bearings for Sallymax from Morley this morning!

Figureing on being ready to install them when they arrived, I started taking taking her apart....then I thought, hell, I'll put in solid motor mounts, and as long as I was in the neighborhood, I might just as well replace the removable frame section cause it's got a ding in it where the crash bar hit when Sally had his mishap.

Then I said....fuggitt, I'll tear the whole thing apart, take a whole shitload of measurements and make sure the frame is nice & straight....prolly install frame braces and possibly frame gussets too!

BTW, not even close to the steering head bearings yet.....this may be a lengthy project! :biglaugh:
It's so "great" that u have another max to ride while Sally is down.:You_Rock:

ahha so thats what u've been up to danny! ur not cracking into the engine at all, right? just frame/etc type stuff? i gotta do my motor mounts this winter, def getting a barsnake when the time comes. u gonna do the same?

ahha so thats what u've been up to danny! ur not cracking into the engine at all, right? just frame/etc type stuff? i gotta do my motor mounts this winter, def getting a barsnake when the time comes. u gonna do the same?

Boys, I don't know Garrett....it'd be real easy to just throw that motor in the truck and head for PCW....eh?

Haha, nah, just the frame/bearings, motor mounts.

Prolly gonna have to do somethin about the vibration, I'll see how it is first but my hands fall asleep already so...yeah.

Boys, I don't know Garrett....it'd be real easy to just throw that motor in the truck and head for PCW....eh?

Haha, nah, just the frame/bearings, motor mounts.

Prolly gonna have to do somethin about the vibration, I'll see how it is first but my hands fall asleep already so...yeah.

danny it aint broke!!!!!

GAAAAAAA!!!!!!

If my bike was in that many pieces I would lose my mind:bang head:

i just realized, danny, um. you haven't done anything to get to your steering bearings yet!

i just realized, danny, um. you haven't done anything to get to your steering bearings yet!

I noticed that too!!! Figured I'd have run across them by now.....where the hell are they.....anyway? :confused2:

I poked thru all this crap and didn't see them in there.....:ummm:

Attachments

• 100_1769.jpg
    100_1769.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 29

LOL... this is true! I'm afraid to see Danny's How To Guide on replacing steering bearings! LOL! :biglaugh:

hahahah. first remove the engine. second...

Latest posts

Back