It has begun finally :-)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
Shipped my parts for the used 1500 I bought from Kyle to PCW today, sent some extra stuff in for cores to to help out my bill. The crank was ate up from where the bearing spun but its repairable but I just sent a good used crank that I'm going to use. Got to have #2 rod resized for sure but getting them all checked, they are Carrillo's so definitely worth saving. Pistons need inspected too cause when the rod spun #2 and #3 smacked the valves but not real bad. I obviously had to send the heads as well to be inspected and I know one exhaust valve is slightly bent but gonna have them gone through and a valve job done. I kept the cases here because the thrust is good and I'm just going to hone it myself, gonna end up with more money into it than what I thought (isn't that the case with everything?? lol) but it'll be a completely fresh engine now and I'll have peace of mind knowing its right because I'm doing it the right way. Hoping to be able to run 10.2-10.0 in the quarter on motor when its done and probably mid 9's on juice. Then its back to work on my 68 Cutlass project :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Nice:punk: It's always better to do it right. Are you going to have it all ready for the spring?

I seriously doubt it will be ready by spring unless we get a sustained blizzard and I'm plowing snow non stop lol I want to try to push the stock engine a little harder too so no matter what I'm getting the bike back out that way. I've lost almost 40lbs since I raced it last already and I've got 35 more to go, I want to run 10.9's on motor and try for 9.9's on spray with my current setup. Thanks for the encouragement everyone :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Back