Items of Interest for All Bike's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
You'll need the real coupons for Harbor Freight, but check these items out. I bought the Laser Thermometer a few weeks ago. So far it works great....

Dave

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 33
  • barcode 3.jpg
    barcode 3.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 48
  • barcode 10.jpg
    barcode 10.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 7
I have the snap-on version of the camera. Proven to be very useful. Bought it as for my gf. I use it on the bike also.

I've heard rumblings that now Snap 0n is making some of their stuff in China ?????? If they had these 2 items, I'd expect the price to be tremendously higher...

BTW, I've had a set of Snap On Tools for 40 years. Atleast what the 1st wife didn't take when she split...

I thought that "Snap On" branded tools were all US made, while their "Blue Point" brand were imported, and slightly cheaper.

$89.99 to verify whether or not the 'o-ring thing' needs doing? :ummm:

Absolutely, wish I'd had one last year!

H/F is becoming a major player in the tool supplier business....I have lots of decent stuff from them that works just fine.

On a side note: I think Garrett is a major stockholder in H/F! :biglaugh:

H/F is becoming a major player in the tool supplier business....I have lots of decent stuff from them that works just fine.

haha yea man, it seems that way sometimes. i've picked up the simplest little things sometimes cheap b/c ya never know. had a buddy pick me up a corded hammer drill for $22 on sale! fucking-a

You're on to something Dan-o. I dropped something down the cam chain slots and herd it go clink in the lower end. Borrowed a scope from someone at work. I could see everything well. The o-ring inspection should be a snap. That scope on Harbor Freight is about or better looking than the one I used. There are a few stores around, so you can see what your buying.
Steve-o

I've bought their half inch Earthquake Impact FOR $59.99. Got a 3/8" Torque wrench yesterday for $17.99 and an air tank on sale + 20% off at about about $27.00.. What they have works amazingly well.... Got their nice roll a round, US General a while back for $149.99...

Dave

I've bought their half inch Earthquake Impact FOR $59.99. Got a 3/8" Torque wrench yesterday for $17.99 and an air tank on sale + 20% off at about about $27.00.. What they have works amazingly well.... Got their nice roll a round, US General a while back for $149.99...

Dave

they do lots of coupons in motorcycle mags which are rediculous deals

i got their $90 motorcycle wheel chock for $40 and that same impact i think for $25 (7amp 240 ft lbs plug in?)

I won't even go into the bennies of having this little jewel around!! :biglaugh:

I used H/F 18", 24" & 36" pipe wrenches as well as thier 1" drive HD socket set in my tank testing business for years....4 foot cheaters, backhoe bucket, whatever would loosen those stubborn 4" fittings! Only broke about 4" off the handle of the 2' pipe wrench....everything else handled the abuse just fine.

Why no use H/F? Gotta say they've treated me a lot better than Sears has in recent years! :punk:

Attachments

• 100_2108.jpg
    100_2108.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 23
I won't even go into the bennies of having this little jewel around!! :biglaugh:

I used H/F 18", 24" & 36" pipe wrenches as well as thier 1" drive HD socket set in my tank testing business for years....4 foot cheaters, backhoe bucket, whatever would loosen those stubborn 4" fittings! Only broke about 4" off the handle of the 2' pipe wrench....everything else handled the abuse just fine.

Why no use H/F? Gotta say they've treated me a lot better than Sears has in recent years! :punk:

I want that table!!

It would go perfect with the St. Andrews Cross:biglaugh:

Dave

I bought the same Torque Wrench and it doesn't "click" when it reaches the torque..the handle moves a little, but on my 1/2" drive one there an audible and tangible(? you can feel it) click when it's done..Does yours click?

ya buy crap now while its cheap, cus in a few years it will take off and be just as expensive as everyone else :(

I'll give the torque wrench a try. You should return yours if you still can.

What we buy now , being crap is certainly better than buying a name brand made at the same Chineese Factory and costing 5 times as much...:confused2: I tried to find real tools, whenever I see made in the USA, I buy. It gets harder every day... Not much is made in the USA outside of Maxgasser Seats...:biglaugh:

I have my share of stuff from HF and most of it is pretty good at doing what its intended to do but I would stay clear of the torque wrenches. I had bought 2 and both never worked properly (never indicated you reached your settings)..I figure the added cost of getting one of the Craftsman one is far cheaper in the long end verses going with a HF one that is inaccurate and end ups having me strip a thread.

Craftsman is now branding a lot of Made in China Tools. I asked about the warranty and was told that they could generally replace a tool up to 10 times and still make a profit.:rofl_200: That Sucks....

My 3/8" Drive Harbor Freight Torque Wrench doesn't have an audible click but lets the wrench turn 5 minutes or so on a clock like it went over a ledge. I checked it against an older Craftsman Torque Wrench and the difference at low, mid and high settings was negligable... So far, everything I've bought from them has been GTG... That may not last but so far so good...

Just missed the same lift here on CL, listed @ 4 pm today & sold < 2 hrs. later. I tried calling earlier, no answer, he called back to say it was gone, $150! :bang head:

Back