It's all your fricken' fault!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
OK, so I get the Max out of hibernation... All is well!
Then, someone posts a message about MC Superstore's sale.

Ka-Ching! $125.98 for a set of Shinko Tours. (I am impressed just looking at these. Can't wait to mount them!) (on the bike, pervert!)

Then, the 120,000 mile-old fork seals decided to take a shit.

Ka-Ching! Another $80 for seals when I get the tires mounted....

Then, the leaky fork tube slobbered all over the brake pads!

Ka-Ching! Another hundred smackers for 3 sets of pads.

I can't wait to get this crap done, so I can finally get the Max out for a ride, without pissing my pants about tires, fork seals or brakes~!

I don't use any oil - but I change it every 2000 miles, filter every time.:punk:

GTX 10/40 or 20/50. But I have been known to use Wallymart oil in the engine for "winter layup".

Can I ride it to see how the crank is ,, ya know a lil stress test ride..

All kidding aside you are the man 120K on a VMAX... Has it ever seen over 4K RPMS and 60 MPH

wow man 120,000 miles? On your vmax? seriously? if so what oil do you use!

Does this qualify Bill for some sort of high mileage award? The 100k club?

What do forum moderators think about high mileage awards:ummm:

bill congrads on the 120.000 miles...looks like your all set for another 20.000 miles....any asshole can go out an beat on his bike and break things..i tend to listen to guys who have high milage motors..there the real winners in the end...have a great riding saeson Bill

Problem is that I got old faster than the bike did. bought it 4/18/85, my 35th Birthday. Gonna hit 59 in a couple weeks. I'll bet the bike's got more miles left in it than I do! I tend to ride it a bit easier than I did 20 years ago, but my reflexes and vision aren't as good as they were. We've both settled into a kind of "genteel retirement" from riding like a loon. I can see myself after another 25 seasons with the Max - doing wheelies at 85 years old.

Problem is that I got old faster than the bike did. bought it 4/18/85, my 35th Birthday. Gonna hit 59 in a couple weeks. I'll bet the bike's got more miles left in it than I do! I tend to ride it a bit easier than I did 20 years ago, but my reflexes and vision aren't as good as they were. We've both settled into a kind of "genteel retirement" from riding like a loon. I can see myself after another 25 seasons with the Max - doing wheelies at 85 years old.

you should contact yamaha and see if they want to publish info about it.. maybe shoot some coin your way...

I sent Yamamama a letter back when the bike hit 100,000 miles.

Yamamama sent me a keychain, and a letter thanking me for my loyalty as a Yamaha customer.....

Why the hell not Bill!! That's my plan....well, maybe not wheelies, but definitely still in the saddle.
If it doesn't work out that way...so be it...but it's still what I'm planning on right now!! :thumbs up:

I sent Yamamama a letter back when the bike hit 100,000 miles.

Yamamama sent me a keychain, and a letter thanking me for my loyalty as a Yamaha customer.....

hey at least they got back to you. when did it hit 100k?

probably right after 99,999 :rofl_200::rofl_200::eusa_dance:

The cool thing though, is that the odometer would then read ZERO. Brand new bike! Get it on fleabay..

why i outa... hahah.. good call tho.

yea then sell it with like 500 miles on it.... hopefully the title backs ya up!

It hit 100K sometime in June of 1997. Got the Roadstar in 2002, an dthe Max has been enjoying a quiet few years, only about 1K or so per year.

That's gonna for sure change when I get all this stuff done. My wife & I are planning a trip to Gettysburg, and Johnstown for Thunder in June. I was gonna ride the Roadie, but I'm now leaning owards a road trip on the Max. Been a while!

It hit 100K sometime in June of 1997. Got the Roadstar in 2002, an dthe Max has been enjoying a quiet few years, only about 1K or so per year.

That's gonna for sure change when I get all this stuff done. My wife & I are planning a trip to Gettysburg, and Johnstown for Thunder in June. I was gonna ride the Roadie, but I'm now leaning owards a road trip on the Max. Been a while!

sounds like a great plan Bill how long of a trip is that

Back