It's riding season in Arizona

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desert_max

Reaction score
I know most folks have moved on to winter pursuits, but we here in the low desert don't ride much between June and September (at least I don't), so we pay our dues.

But, a buddy of mine recently got another Harley - the new Sportster "48". A decent enough ride, nice fit and finish, makes a lot of noise - AND RUNS LIKE A TURD. He's about to "chip" it, but it'll still be just a nice little bike. Nothing special.

We took a putt out to Tortilla Flats last Saturday. Some pretty wicked curves on that road. I had some excitement leaving the Flats as I'd unknowingly parked in oil. Hit the first couple of curves out of the outpost and danged near had the bike slide out from under me! Thought it was sand on the road, but finally stopped and saw the oil. Took it really easy until it wore off. Sheesh.

Bottom line? Watch out where the hell you park! Musta been an old Harley there before me...

Attachments

• Onward to Tortilla Flats.jpg
    Onward to Tortilla Flats.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 27
Right about now is when I'm regretting moving back to the midwest.. I've only done the Flats in a car, but I've heard it gets covered in gravel pretty badly. You MUST treat yourself and head to Tucson, go up and down Mt. Lemmon. You'll probably have to wait until spring but it's well worth the wait.

Back