It's sort of cold outside.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfeagins

Reaction score
Global warming my AZZ!!!

18 degrees.jpg

....just sayin'......

LOL....the new PC term is now climate change. That way if it gets warm...or cold...a certain political party has all of the answers.

LOL....the new PC term is now climate change. That way if it gets warm...or cold...a certain political party has all of the answers.

Yeah, lots of terms flying around these days....they explain everything!

Polar Vortex, Climate Change, Bombogast, Nino and his sister Nina, Clippers, on and on!

Boy you guys do have it pretty cold out that way....it's gonna be a long one I'm afraid. We got 3" of snow overnight and they troweled the salt on so that's it for me till the spring rains come, biking's all done for '14. :sad2:

Same here, it's been snowing since the middle of last week, looks like today and tomorrow we'll have clearer skies and more cold temps this coming week! 20"+ snow on the ground at the moment.
Since we are by a large body of water, actually several of them, it will take a while before the real cold weather will hit. We only have temps in 20's now but when the lakes start to get ice on them that's when the -40F temps will start showing up.
snow.gif
snow.gif
snow.gif

We got a balmy 32° here in NW OH with some flurries, but once the lake freezes itll get to be fireplace weather, lol.

28 this morning in Atlanta.

Thermal underwear for this old fart for sure ! Had to work in it all day. Damn a bunch of Perimeter Security , 24 - 7 , 365 days a year. I'm getting too old for this !
Good thing it pays the bills.

As for global warming , climate change , Hell , the planet has been doing that since the world was created. We just didn't know how stupid we were. Good thing the elitists know everything and know what's best for us right ? I heard Mr. Gruber took a few states to the cleaners , as well as the Fed. Gov't for $ 400 K . This lie about Healthcare put him in the millionaire club. I hope they all make him pay it back and send him to the big house for fraud. ( Sorry for the rant , but it does help me stay warm ).

i ... 80 DEG. HERE TODAY , GOING RIDING TOMORROW , JUST SAYING :biglaugh::eusa_dance::clapping:

http://www.drroyspencer.com/2014/11/sault-mi-receives-1-months-snow-in-1-day/

For those who have been asking whether the unusually cold Great Lakes will reduce the amount of lake effect snow the region gets this winter, I think we just got the answer.

Not when a massive cold wave hits the U.S. so early in the season.
The current cold wave over the U.S. has dumped 2 to 4 feet of mostly lake-effect snow over scattered locations in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. My home town of Sault Ste. Marie is waking up to 2 feet of new snow this morning, most of which fell yesterday. This is more than the average snowfall for the whole month of November, which is only 16 inches. The Ishpeming, Mi area has up to 3 feet on the ground this morning.
The amount of lake effect snow is a direct measure of how much heat is being lost by the Great Lakes. Two NOAA buoys in the middle of Lake Superior show that the water has already cooled to the magic value of 39 deg. F, the maximum density point for fresh water where the lake water begins to “turn over”. Last winter’s cold led to scattered reports of ice until almost July. I took the accompanying photo of lake shore ice on June 17 near Munising, MI.

Ice pile several feet thick on the south shore of Lake Superior, June 17, 2014.

For local residents hoping for a quick return to normal weather, the latest 10-day air mass temperature forecast animation shows any break in the frigid conditions is at least a week away. And since the Lakes are starting out so cold already, if this winter is anywhere close to being as cold as last winter, the Great Lakes could be in for record ice cover — again.

Latest posts

Back