Jack up the bike with no C stand?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99 MAX

Reaction score
How do you get the bike off the ground with a 4 into 1 and no center stand? just wondering when it comes time for fork seals, tires etc. I have a bike/atv jack.

Scizzors Jack's and 2x4's placed strategically under the bike.

With the stock pipes you can place a 2x6 right under the pipes and jack lift.

O

If you're center stand tabs are still there you can use two floor jacks on those two spots to raise the rear. A little at a time keeping it even as possible.
Or if the jack has the right size cup you can catch both tabs with one jack.
Or a piece of wood across both tabs and raise it with one jack
To get the front up you can use one on the front of the motor.

I would strap it to the overhead joists in your garage and keep taking slack out of them to stabilize it in case the whole operation goes south on you.

I do the same thing but use my non folding foot pegs to put a jack stand under.

When I had sliders on the lower front frame rails (cycle one off) they were fantastic for raising the front. I too them off to install the belly pan.

I put the jack under where the centerstand used to be. the round part of my jack fits in there pretty snugly.

I use an ATV/MC lift I picked up from Sears. So far it hasn't given me a lick of trouble. I just pull off the bellypan and put it under the bike. The pipes are more than strong enough to lift it.

p1030082m.jpg

92226754.jpg

21819366.jpg

If they were sold new with ceramic coating they're probably mild steel. I think. Not sure about the kerkers but others reserve stainless for the sold with polished finish products.

Actually I cant say for sure what pipe brand they are, I was assuming Kerker, they look to have a coating don't they.

All Kerkers are mild steel. Either chrome or jet hot coated (called the "white tip"). The very old systems even had a black painted available. The cans used to be chromed aluminum but they are all simply brushed aluminum finish now.

Stainless is difficult to coat and have it stay on reliably.

Sean

Stainless is difficult to coat and have it stay on reliably.

Sean

I've been told that too when I had mine coated by PolyDyne, I'll have to see how it works out, only have maybe a 1000 miles on mine since coating. In any case it's gonna be better than the constant PITA polishing to keep 'em looking good

I've been told that too when I had mine coated by PolyDyne, I'll have to see how it works out, only have maybe a 1000 miles on mine since coating. In any case it's gonna be better than the constant PITA polishing to keep 'em looking good

mine have held up fine with eastwood spray on coating. just make sure they're stripped first and clean with acetone.

I'm loving the mild gold color they've turned over the years.

p1030648y.jpg

I like that too about stainless, very pretty. Was going for that on mine but then I'd get tar grease or scum on them and they'd go all weird on me and couldn't get it off without polishing back to shiny again

I like that too about stainless, very pretty. Was going for that on mine but then I'd get tar grease or scum on them and they'd go all weird on me and couldn't get it off without polishing back to shiny again

That happened to me too, I had to start over.

LOL so far i havent had any issues with using a floor jack under the oil pan then i place to adjustable jack stands under each case saver works well for the front wheel for the rear i use the above method an simply loop a ratchet strap to the joist in the garage and then through the grab rail, and place floor jack at the old center stand location. jim

Latest posts

Back