January Mod Monkey of the Month contest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mod Monkey

Reaction score
It's a new year and a new month so let's start out 2011 with a bang! This month's contest is a "free form" month, in other words you take what you feel is the best pic of your Max and post it here. Also, we are not requiring you to have put new mods on the bike this month to enter. The MMRB realizes that with the holidays you may not have had the time, nor the funds, to do a whole lot to your baby. As for the prize, we haven't set one for this month yet, but rest assured it will be a quality prize that you will like. If you don't believe us ask past winners if the Monkey delivers!!

this is my beauty..

Attachments

• C360_2010-12-08 17-05-33.Share.jpg
    C360_2010-12-08 17-05-33.Share.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 34077_1499963547500_1486512892_1281584_2285894_n.jpg
    34077_1499963547500_1486512892_1281584_2285894_n.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 60
  • rsz_Φωτογραφία009.jpg
    rsz_Φωτογραφία009.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
What type of luggage rack system do you have for the saddlebags and the top case?

No new pics (no new mods for the past year..actually not true...did put in a Voltmeter in the instrument pod..still wanna do the custom tail light) but heres what I got from the gallery.

Attachments

• GSXR 1000 fork bottoms for cleaner look and Rizoma turn signals.jpg
    GSXR 1000 fork bottoms for cleaner look and Rizoma turn signals.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Aprilia Shiver headlightRizoma Avio signals.jpg
    Aprilia Shiver headlightRizoma Avio signals.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 53
No new pics (no new mods for the past year..actually not true...did put in a Voltmeter in the instrument pod..still wanna do the custom tail light) but heres what I got from the gallery.
:thumbs up: :thumbs up: Beautiful bike davidon, are those Otec triple trees?

Wow, we've got the Titans of Vmax's battling it out this month...

davidon: Nice, Very Nice.

Here's my latest mod - I painted the motor. I used gloss black Dupli-Color ceramic engine enamel. I prepped it with de-greaser, wire brushed all the paint flakes off, then scrubbed it with brake kleen. For the fins, I sanded them down finer & finer & I'm just leaving them polished - no more clear-coat. The paint went on quickly, but I spent a couple hours taping each side - what a pita. I'm happy with the outcome though, it doesn't look like a rattle can job (even though it is). :biglaugh:

Attachments

• eng 1.jpg
    eng 1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 40
  • eng 2.jpg
    eng 2.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 43
  • eng 3.jpg
    eng 3.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 38
  • eng 4.jpg
    eng 4.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 43
Rich,

I've had thoughts of doing the same on my bikes since I saw how great yours turned out. Looks like a new bike in the pictures, Hell, looks that way in person too...

I added a few things to Strafer in between fights with the 89. I can't even remember who made this seat but it was very reasonable. CaptainKyle had it and the powder coated Yamaha Sissy Bar that matches the diaphragm covers I got from him too. The scoops were my idea, Seeing yours polished pushed me over the edge to do them. The scoops came from the 89 and they were 2 tone so I left the bottom and just polished the top.. Makes them look Huge, I think...

Attachments

• Strafer 1.jpg
    Strafer 1.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Strafer 2.jpg
    Strafer 2.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Strafer 3.jpg
    Strafer 3.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 30
Here's my latest mod - I painted the motor. I used gloss black Dupli-Color ceramic engine enamel. I prepped it with de-greaser, wire brushed all the paint flakes off, then scrubbed it with brake kleen. For the fins, I sanded them down finer & finer & I'm just leaving them polished - no more clear-coat. The paint went on quickly, but I spent a couple hours taping each side - what a pita. I'm happy with the outcome though, it doesn't look like a rattle can job (even though it is). :biglaugh:

Looks great! Like it should have been from the factory, minus the NOS.
Wait...I take it back, factory NOS would have scared off even the baddest in the day.:punk:

Man...all beautiful bikes!!!

Davidon - I love that headlight, what an improvement over the stock one, imo

Latest posts

Back