Japanese import restriction bypass.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

run990

Reaction score
My latest purchase is a japanese import 1200vmax.
Converting to full open v boost etc is no issue ,however the japanese speedo is damaged .They have a restrictor built in to it ,I have a none jap mph speedo and the restrictor circuit board from the clock.
I have read on a xjr yamaha forum about adding a resistor inline with a blue red wire going to the circuit board. Anybody had similar to do thanks .

I have a speedo in my hand right now. It is in km/h off a 1998 Canadian import bike.
There are 3 wires
Black = ground
Blue = switched 12v for illumination
Green/white = reed switch grounding

The green/white is used by the self cancelling indicator (signal) relay.

There is no connection to the Vboost

I've not come across thie board you have, can you post photo and wiring details.

My guess it uses the signal on green/white wire, which is an indication of speed, with some electronics to modify the rpm going to the Vboost or cut out the ignition.

The electronics would stop vboost fully opening above a certain speed so restrict power or in the latter case, act as a speed limiter but cutting off the ignition.

Like I said, this is pure guesswork.

The japanese clock has 4 extra wires ,3 in a block and a blue red in a bullet connector that runs to a circuit board that is controlled by a disk on the speedo needle .

Latest posts

Back