Jet block advice

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TB99Max

Reaction score
I've been having these issues for a few months now and not been able to ride except around the block after a couple shotgun attempts. I've replaced the fuel filter and plugs, checked the fuel pump, checked the tank, seafoam a few times and shotgun 3 times to no avail! It pops, sputters, and falls on its face from a take off, if I continue to stay on it through about 7-8k Rpm's 1st and 2nd gear is horrible,like I would probably lose a race to a Honda rebel 250 horrible. 3rd is slow but very slowly gets better when the Rpm's get past 6k or so. The vboost is open all the time so that's not a factor. 4th is pretty slow but gets better at higher Rpm's.
When I posted about this before but not with this same description some of you have mention it's probably a hard clog in the idle jet (I think) in the jet block. With the new details do you still think that could be the problem and how complicated is it to pull them? What do I need to watch out for and be careful of? I do finally have a Morgan carbtune so I will be able to sync them when I finish.
Thanks guys

If it was clogged idle jets then I wouldn't expect it to idle but would run OK once the needles and main jets kick in.
Whilst the idle circuit continues to supply fuel throughout the rev range the contribution to the total reduces as the revs rise.

Having V Boost open all the time won't help low rev running as the air speed through the venturi's will be too low and reduce the fuel atomisation.
Yamaringha had the butterflies start to open at 6K for a reason!

Can we assume that you have balanced the carbs (with V Boost butterflies shut)?

If so have you checked the carb diaphragms for any splitting or tears?

Yes I've synced them with v-boost in normal and even checked with it open. I have COP's that are less than a year old. When I did the shotgun I checked all the diaphragms and they are good. I mentioned this in another thread but forgot to post it in here that I had the carbs rebuilt about 10-11 months ago and it ran great for about 1,000 or so miles.

Well sh**........ My wife's birthday is Sunday so unfortunately I can't! She's got the whole day lined out. I actually pulled the carbs earlier today and was going to attempt it myself but to be honest I'm a little nervous to pull the carbs all apart!

Just wanted to post an update..... Dragmaxster offered to come over and help me out with my carbs, pretty awesome! I took them off the bike and have them on the work bench but am a little nervous to dive into them. And it's not like he's around the corner either.... He's roughly 80 miles one way! Once again the members of this forum are truely a great group of guys that genuinely care about helping anyone and everyone with their VMax's. So after my bike being down for over two months it's going to get dialed in today! THANK YOU DRAGMAXSTER :punk: :clapping:

Back