Jet dumbering

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinman22

Reaction score
I'll try and make this as clear as I can. I'm trying to get the jetting sorted out on this contraption. It had what were clearly marked DJ 190's for mains (was rich) I've got a set of mic 152.5's I stole out of a bike I just picked up wich might be a little small. What I'm trying to figure out is this set of DJ jets marked 165. The charts don't show a 165 DJ main but e DJ stage one pdf says to install the 165 mains that come in the kit for stage one . 165 dj's would be around a 154ish mic jet any ideas?
Stock pj1 and pj2 stage 7 needles at 3rd from blunt end kerker with comp baffle.

I would suggest 147.5 - 150 MIKUNI Main Jets. 170 MINUKI PAJ2, Clip on 2nd or 3rd front blunt end with that setup. You didn't mention stock airbox or individual filters but both will be approx the same.

Sorry for the lack of info kids were hounding me for pizza. It's a full stage 7 with vboost delete and individual k&n filters pj1's are 90's pj2's are 170's I found a different jet chart here on the forum showing some different DJ jet sizes including a 165 the dj165.3 =a mic 155 so a 165 would be around 154.??? So it's either the stock 152.5's or the DJ 154.???'s either has got to be better than the DJ 190's!
It was kinda flat on top. I'm also wanting to put the vboost back in.

Put in what you want. If the 152.5's are the smallest you have then that's what i'd use. The 147.5 or 150's will crisp it up and lean it out more where it typically needs for these engines and your combo.

152's are in. I'll get some 150's and change them if it's still needs it. The rack comes out easy enough. I guess a wide band o2 would really help here.

152's are in. I'll get some 150's and change them if it's still needs it. The rack comes out easy enough. I guess a wide band o2 would really help here.

Yes it does. I like the innovate wide band with the hand held gauge. I would suction cup it to the tank.

Ok jetting is good. Now the slides. I've got two good sets, one has been drilled per dyno jet the other has not been drilled.
I've also got 3 sets of springs stock,stage7 and stage 1 any thoughts? I've been trying to find the thread with all the carb setups again but it seems ever elusive.

Stage 1 and 7 are the same spring part number. The stock spring is of course the longer stiffer ones. I would suggest to try both but you may like the drilled slides with DJ springs.

And for the Cheap Rider, you can safety-wire a few turns of the stock springs for a similar effect to the kitted springs, shortening them, though I'm not sure how-far you want to shorten it. At least you don't have to pull the carbs to access them.

I have 147.5 Mikunis and the DJet Stage 7 kit, w/VBoost, and I like the way it runs, no issues.

I like the drilled slides...instead of the needles starting to come in around 4000 rpm, they start coming in around 3200-3300. Also with drilled slides, The slides and needles react quicker, so the bike revs quicker.

I have Seans muscle jet kit, but I'm running the factory pro needles instead of stage 7 needles.

I've never had a set of carbs on any bike that weren't either cr's,flat slides or lectrons. So this is all new territory. Thanks for the help I think I'll leave Em the way they are and see how it runs.

I've been digging in the search bar for that link for two days! I guess my glasses would have worked better than a shovel.

And for the Cheap Rider, you can safety-wire a few turns of the stock springs for a similar effect to the kitted springs, shortening them, though I'm not sure how-far you want to shorten it. At least you don't have to pull the carbs to access them.

I have 147.5 Mikunis and the DJet Stage 7 kit, w/VBoost, and I like the way it runs, no issues.

Springs shortened by 3 coils worked well with the stock air box and slides. I used small wire ties, They fit between the 3 tabs on the diaphragm covers.
Steve-o

Latest posts

Back