jet sizes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

shawnlee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in Daytona,0 sea level, and on my 94 what jet sizes should I run? I bought the bike and it came with stage one installed and also a full Kerker exhaust. Thanks in advance.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
The Dynojet Stage 1 is hard to make work well. Try the Stage 7 or the Morley's Muscle intake kit.

I have a Stage 7 and use a 147.5 Mikuni main jet & I keep the VBoost operational. I have a UFO 4/1 w/a literbike canister.

shawnlee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting rid of the stage 1 but what jet sizes can I use to get the most out of theKerker without the stage 7. I have had a stage 7 before on a 96 vmax and I loved it but right now I just want to know what I can use.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Leave jets besides the main as they are stock, and try 150 or 147.5 Mikunis. As a starting point, see how they work.

VMax carburetor USA and CALIF..png

Reaction score
The Dynojet Stage 1 is hard to make work well. Try the Stage 7 or the Morley's Muscle intake kit.

I have a Stage 7 and use a 147.5 Mikuni main jet & I keep the VBoost operational. I have a UFO 4/1 w/a literbike canister.
I am at 5250 Elevation in Denver with K&N Type air filters and a 4 into one exhaust. Do you think the stage 7 will work for me too? It feels like its running really rich

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Try things simple first, drop the main jet to 147.5 Mikuni & see how it runs.

Sniffbooger

Reaction score
I'm at sea level in SoCal with a Dale Walker Holeshot 2 into 1 full exhaust, and I like the 150 main jets and I even installed the 147.5s to see how it runs...so far it feels a little weaker than the 150s but I'm getting 40mpg on the highway, so its ok for me. I am going to install the Factory Pro needles and High Dispersion Jet emulsion tubes soon and see if that beefens up the midrange a little with the 147.5s.