John Furbur well wishes.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxorel

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals.

I just got off the phone with John, who is being released from the hospital here in Pa. He hasn't had the best week and I think if he gets on here this weekend, sees his name- and sees the support, it will make getting back to wrenching a lot easier.

John's shop RMSportmax is a little over an hour away from me. I never met him before last month and after finally having a Friday afternoon out of work- I called him and we made time... 2 hours of his time actually.

His brick building in Catasaqua, Pa. along the Lehigh river sent chills through me.....

Drag roller, supercharged, chopped, fat tires, chrome, custom paint, 20+ years of collecting parts, 30-40 Maxes(!), braced swingarms, R1 calipers, frame braces, shocks... Just heaven!!!!

I talked. He listened. He talked, and I listened. We pulled parts. I left him a deposit.

So I go back last Saturday, my birthday weekend and treat myself, along with my 10yr old son who is a cycle kid of course.

Another hour or so, hundreds of dollars exchanging hands- and me smiling and excited as any bike building guy can be.

Though I am late to Max's, I am a former expert roadracer, been riding for 35years (42 now :) , and sold Yamaha ironically for 2 awesome dealers for 12 years.

Simply put- there will never be another John Furbur.

He not only has my business- but my respect and admiration and not because of an online world- but real life. Some that most will never get to know.

If you've ever met John, you get it.

For those that haven't. He is every bit worth you getting on that Max this year and saying hi to.

Thanks John, heal up, and see you again soon for more...

- Chris G.

Hope you feel better soon John. I did not pick up on what happen to you are you going to be up for thunder this year. It would be nice to see another B king at thunder maybe you can ride one of your's. I'm sure you could give me lot's of custom idea's with one of your bike's. GET WELL SOON.............vmax-mike

I am friends with him on Facebook. Has posted that his leg got infected and had to be hospitalized. Posted today that he is getting out today. The infection is under control.

I saw his post on FaceBook as well.

I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery !

Never have had the luxury of meeting him but sounds like quite the Vmax guy. Wish you the best and a speedy recovery John!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Update from his FaceBook page:
Heart testing completed.... (passed with flying colors)...Leg infection under control... (IV unplugged)...ETA to launch escape pod- ~2 hours...Color me...GONE!!!!!!!!!!
This is Good Friday DOUBLED for me...Words cannot appropriately express how much all of the prayers, thoughts, & well wishes have meant...THANK YOU ALL...I AM TRULY BLESSED.

I hope your good to go now John! Looking forward to seeing you again at Thunder this year as well. I hope to see another of your classic Big John Furbur burnouts like you treated us to at the hotel last year!:punk:

One of the best things about owning a VMax is the brotherhood we share. John, you are an important part of that. I'm glad to hear you're gonna be ok.

Having an IV for an infection means it was an opportunistic infection which swatted-away the oral Rx antibiotics. The spread of an infection can be swift and long-ranging, left untreated, it can be fatal. Unfortunately, staph infections are often found in hospitals, where someone is going for some other treatment and they end-up in worse shape than when they entered! Hepatitis C is another easily-spread invasive infection which unfortunately can result from a hospital visit. It doesn't seem right, does it? But it happens. That's why they say, "stay home and don't come to the hospital if you're sick, to visit someone." And, why the entire staff from housekeeping to the pt care pros, wash their hands when they enter the room, and then always use 'universal precautions,' if they are spending time there or doing any work there. As the EMT and paramedic students are taught, "of the patient and your gloves you wore to treat the patient, both stay in the pt's. room! (the gloves in the contaminated receptacle)."

So being off the IV antibiotics and being discharged are two good signs of the road to recovery. Stay the path to wellness, we need your expertise, service, and advice.

Latest posts

Back