Just a 'routine' traffic stop

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Shit ! In Connecticut the cops unstrap and keep their hand on the grip as they approach you for a traffic stop. That guy is lucky to be alive.

This creep had just one intention, to kill. Approaching a car is one of the most dangerous parts of a COP's job. The perp's have an advantage of seeing you better than you of them. Multiple people in a car is really hairy. I always give them a break and put my hands on the wheel. They appreciate it, and tend to give more warnings than tickets for respecting thir safety. Shit happens fast.
Steve-o

That's odd what people end up doing sometime.....

Ya keeping hands visual sure makes them a little more relaxed towards you.....no sudden movements....,.
Nobody moves.....nobody gets hurt hahabah,safety meting style

Last edited:
This creep had just one intention, to kill. Approaching a car is one of the most dangerous parts of a COP's job. The perp's have an advantage of seeing you better than you of them. Multiple people in a car is really hairy. I always give them a break and put my hands on the wheel. They appreciate it, and tend to give more warnings than tickets for respecting thir safety. Shit happens fast.
Steve-o

Especially at night when I get stopped, I reach up and turn on the inside light, and roll down both of my windows, so that the officer can see me clearly. I usually get warnings.

Driver side on a busy road, you gotta worry about being hit by a Rubber Necker.
Passenger side really does give a big advantage to the driver. Only possible solution
is use cover, the loud speaker and have the driver exit with their hands up. Can't do that
at times because of the circumstances. Multiple officers on scene may have killed the driver
but I don't think it would have changed the fact that one Deputy was shot multiple times.:sad2:

He's a dead animal now.....thank god.

Approaching from the passenger side of the car made it easier for the scumbag to be in a much better position to shoot, it seems to me.[/QUOTE]

I wondered about that....:ummm:

Yeah, no doubt about this bastards intentions....probly the only reason he stopped at all was to shoot that cop!

Especially at night when I get stopped, I reach up and turn on the inside light, and roll down both of my windows, so that the officer can see me clearly. I usually get warnings.
great idea.

shooting down a fellow human with unprovocted disregard, regardless of station, is dispicable. glad the mudder pucker got the same treatment

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

I think a left hander would have a better advantage shooting toward the passenger side. A righty would need to lean forward and be seen. The lefty has the angle. Since most people are right handed, it's not a bad tactic to approach the passengr side. A right handd officer has the better angle from the passenger side. The traffic danger on the drivers side is an issue like dave mentioned.

Definitely a good tip if you get pulled over for something, have your window down when they approach with both your hands visible. I don't know if it was because of doing that that time but I also got off with a warning when I'm fairly sure he saw me burnout in my truck and put it sideways through an intersection.

After I retired from the Army I worked as a patrol officer in Houston Texas for some years. We had a saying, "There is no routine 'Traffic Stop' ever. You never now what the violator has done besides the obvious violation you are pulling them over for. That officer did do some good things on the stop, but he did approach the passenger side a little to fast to be able to scan and see the actions of the driver before he go to the passenger compartment. I have always taught new recruits to be prepared for someone in the back seat so you blade yourself to the car and slowly approach with hand on gun. If you peek in a little at a time you can see the furtive movements of a suspect before it become so dramatic. I'm glad he was wearing his vest and he is alive today to go back to work, Roadside justice was done to the turd and that suits me just fine.

Just like others have mentioned for your own safety. Roll the windows down, turn on interior lights if at night and place your hands on top of the steering wheel so the officer can see them. Don't do anything until the officer tells you to and then do it quickly. The "Pucker Factor" goes up really fast when I used to see people moving arond reaching for things. Good way to get a Glock .40 screwed in your ear fast!

I'll tell you flying with a new student pilot is a lot safer. :biglaugh:

There was lots more about that story. The shooter was involved with a prison gang. I seem to remember reading that more people was arrested. People that was helping him evade the law after killing the prison official in CO. Ironically the dead prison official was working to help inmates in the CO. prisons by putting limits on solitary confinement.
David

Another reason I don't like all these guys running around with fully tinted windows.
Good point Tom. An officers eyes are his life on a traffic stop. These guys have a tough job. There are loony's out there that will ambush and shoot a COP. Or kill to get away. It can start with a smiling face to make him feel at ease. A COP has to be at the top of his game every second.
Steve-o

There was lots more about that story. The shooter was involved with a prison gang. I seem to remember reading that more people was arrested. People that was helping him evade the law after killing the prison official in CO. Ironically the dead prison official was working to help inmates in the CO. prisons by putting limits on solitary confinement.
David

Those assholes have no loyalty....he got exactly what he deserved, just not soon enough to save the people he killed.

This is awesome Traumahawk. As a Police Officer in a town right off of the busy Interstate 81, we come in contact with some crazy ass scum of the universe. I work night shift all the time so i have learned to use light as my advantage. But it still sometimes, the lack of it works against me. I always put my spotlight shining right onto the drivers side and rearview mirrors so they are blinded by it. They always complain about it but they cant see me until i am right next to them. By you turning on your interior light, it helps us even more. Everybody is a criminal until proven otherwise to me. lol. In fact, I am the only police officer i know (except the two cops i trained) that tells people to turn on their interior light and leave it on while I'm checking their license or writing them a ticket.

Thanks you all of you that have respect for us and concerns for our safety. :clapping:

Me too , they usually warn me not to go outside in the daylight . I might scare the little people. :rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back