Just an observation.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Cunningham

Reaction score
Today while we visiting a small city outside of Glasgow, Scotland, I saw my first Gen 2 vmax ride by. Scotland is definitely a place to ride as witnessed.

Today while we visiting a small city outside of Glasgow, Scotland, I saw my first Gen 2 vmax ride by. Scotland is definitely a place to ride as witnessed.
I’ve never seen the bike. Love the Gen 2, hopefully i’ll bump into the person one day.

Spent three months in Loussiemouth, Scotland during the fall (coastal city north of Elgin) . Great whiskey, good food, but the weather was wet, windy and cold. The geography between Lossie and Elgin reminded me of Pennsylvania.

Spent three months in Loussiemouth, Scotland during the fall (coastal city north of Elgin) . Great whiskey, good food, but the weather was wet, windy and cold. The geography between Lossie and Elgin reminded me of Pennsylvania.
Its generally like that all year round in Elgin. Been camping there before, nice scenery.

We lucked out and enjoyed sun through today - now in the Lake District. Now rain is scheduled gorgeous a week - we will see.

Loch Lomond - Glengoyne distillery - 18 yr old scotch won dbl gold eagle this year anonymous vote. It's the best I have had imho.

We lucked out and enjoyed sun through today - now in the Lake District. Now rain is scheduled gorgeous a week - we will see.
Passed it today myself coming back from work in Reading, going home to Glasgow. Wee bit of rain at parts, stopped at Preston to buy some elec parts at CPC and was very warm. Sitting with bottle of wine now, and half cut 😆

Loch Lomond - Glengoyne distillery - 18 yr old scotch won dbl gold eagle this year anonymous vote. It's the best I have had imho.
I know every bump and pebble on Loch Lomond, been going there since I was 7 years old, it has its lovely spots, and I have many memories there such as my wife at Ardlui, and many drunken weekends at the Drovers Inn. Going a bit further on you drop in at the Green Wellie. Yeah that just brings my whole life back to me, and its a favourite bikers run.

Passed it today myself coming back from work in Reading, going home to Glasgow. Wee bit of rain at parts, stopped at Preston to buy some elec parts at CPC and was very warm. Sitting with bottle of wine now, and half cut 😆
I met a Snifter out there, it was new year. To add i never do karaoke, but 50 year old right out the cask arrived, i was told at 7 in the morning to go home, apparently I had hogged the microphone for 5 hours and given great entertainment, I remember the first 2 songs only, good stuff that good whisky is 😂, opens the heart and tonsils too.

Haha. Great story. I see a lot of bikes. How tedious is it to get certified to ride in the UK? I heard 2 week course. That's a long time for me if I come over again - which I will.

Haha. Great story. I see a lot of bikes. How tedious is it to get certified to ride in the UK? I heard 2 week course. That's a long time for me if I come over again - which I will.
You missed the real deep incredible parts of Scotland that I know where to go. The parts you went to are nice, but there are other parts that are the limits of what is on offer here. Yes it’s a pain to get to ride here, and I’ve been all over the States with little restrictions, so a bit unfair. I can branch out for my contacts on the two week course if you want, or go camping in a van with a few dudes and have the time of your life.

Got a personal tour of the Glen Moray distillery one on one with the 5th manager in the family lineage. Didn't care much for the Glenn Moray, but I was offered a snifter of 1991 Glen Rothes while staying at the Stotfield Hotel in Lossiemouth. I shipped back a bottle of it, some Glen Morary, Laphroaig, Glen Coulmony and my coworkers stash of Scotch bottles in an empty test drone container on a military return flight.

IMG_0052.JPGIMG_0067.JPGIMG_0069.JPGIMG_0081.JPG

Got a personal tour of the Glen Moray distillery one on one with the 5th manager in the family lineage. Didn't care much for the Glenn Moray, but I was offered a snifter of 1991 Glen Rothes while staying at the Stotfield Hotel in Lossiemouth. I shipped back a bottle of it, some Glen Morary, Laphroaig, Glen Coulmony and my coworkers stash of Scotch bottles in an empty test drone container on a military return flight.

View attachment 84642View attachment 84643View attachment 84644View attachment 84645
When I was in the States I was going to start a new US cult of Missile Hugging ( similar to tree hugging in the UK) but I can see it may have already been there to a certain level. I work in that game but unable to say what I do. Good on you though, looks great. Maybe you can all come over together and I’ll put you all up, get us all camping, and head out to the Scottish highlands for a mad unforgettable experience.

View attachment 84642View attachment 84643View attachment 84644View attachment 84645
And have you managed to pronounce Loch yet. I’ve never met an American who can get it 😂

Yes it is "lake". Haha
Yes it is a lake, but the next time you are over you will be tested on your ability to pronounce that Loch, so get practicing, it’s not that easy. A video would be suffice for starters 😂
So for VMax guys you have secured parking, then push to the NW Scotland where certain parts no man has been before, rough it like your 18 with mates, have a guitar player supplied, booze, no females. What a vacation. Camp fires, wild talk, we do that on a daily basis here. What do you think? One life!

And have you managed to pronounce Loch yet. I’ve never met an American who can get it 😂
Went to Loch Ness with a member of the bomb disposal unit and his kids. They made sure I could pronounce it correctly.

Back