just bought and know nothing LOL

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richieavery1983

Reaction score
Ok i know it sounda really bad but my husband and I just bought this mini chopper from a friend of ours. He said "just sprau some primer it will start". Yeah right. I looled on line and found our its like a 2002 or so Vmax Mini Chopper. And guess what its don't start. So here is some things that I know is wrong. On the left side handlebar there was a switch or something that is gone and now we haveblack, green, yellow, and brown wires loose just there and we don't know where they go to. Plus I can see the carb and it looked to be clean but not filters. We cleaned out the gas and put fresh in and we made sure it was gettin a spark. Does anyone have any Ideas on what the wires are for or possibly what we can do to get it runnin. You can email me at [email protected] if you need to and I can send pics through email. Please help because I don't wanna be taken on this lile the guy done to ME when I bought a snowmobile that just needed a new ignition and it still don't run.

Not looking to be rude, but you bought a 'pig in a poke.' This isn't a 'mini-chopper' forum. You probably have some piece of s___ Chinese ripoff of a 45 year-old Honda engine, in a crudely-built and essentially unserviceable chassis. It isn't worth the time or $ to work on much less try to fix it. It ISN'T a Yamaha VMax!!!!

Donate it to the recycling yard, and save your money for being able to buy something which doesn't need work, since your mechanical aptitude is seriously lacking in essential ways beyond the ability of members of this forum being able to diagnose things in which we have no interest, and of-which you have no knowlege. Dealers sometimes have womens' clinics for beginning motorcycle riders where you learn the basics of caring for a running motorcycle. They are not meant to be a place where you circumvent paying the hefty dealers' shop rates which are probably close to $100/hour, to be able to get someone to look at your pile of problems.

If you check with your local community college, you may find they have classes in small engine repair, or motorcycle mechanics, and this may be the best place for you to build a knowlege base of how to assess, fix, and enjoy your ill-advised purchase.

One thing I have to know: did it come with the "preinstalled high performance air filter?" :ummm::rofl_200:
http://evosales.com/pd_vmax.cfm

Is this aberration what you bought? Our site is useless to you. Please seek assistance elsewhere.

Here is one possible surce of parts: http://www.racemotorparts.com/index.php?osCsid=1807e1d1d1e5944771b6007df41d8b10

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 26
You know something if you wanna be rude take it somewhere else I don't really care what you say. I bought the bike for my husband and I was doing this for him. I dont have to do anything to learn anything. I was just trying to have suggestions thats it. We do not know small engins or bikes we know cars and semi engins so w/e. I bet you just have to go on here and be rude with anyone. Thats gravy dude. More power to you. Next time just pass my posts up. I know I don't know a thing about it but not everyone has to be rude. I thought this fourm was for people to talk about this stuff and uh yeah it is a vmax just not sure what year. So bye bye.

Ok for anyone else not gonna be a jerk all I am asking is what do the wires hook up to and what kinda switch do I need to buy. No I do not care if its the nicest thing in the world. It only has 81 miles on it so I am thinkin its something simple .

Sometimes the best advice is to find out your quest is futile. In many cases, the bike simply isn't worth the cash or effort to fix it, most likely. For what you may have to invest in the cost of the bike and parts/service time, you can probably find a running vintage Japanese cruiser like a Honda Shadow, Yamaha Virago, Kawasaki Vulcan, or a Suzuki Intruder, These bikes came in many displacements and are actually capable of operating on an expressway, which your vmax mini-chopper is not. If you're looking to cash in on the life insurance policy for whoever is unfortunate enough to be riding it when some texting, cellphone-using inattentive driver fails to notice this gnat of two-wheeled rolling stock in front of them, and you're actually able to fix it, so it can be operated, then have at it.

At 81 miles, the odometer says it's not even fully broken-in, but if it needs a can of "primer(?)" to start, well, something's obviously not right. Probably what the relieved former owner was referring to was using a can of ether or starting fluid to get the thing operational, which obviously a new vehicle should not need.

I did locate an importer, provided you with a link to their site, and also found a site for possible replacement parts for these asian crudities. Spend some time on the web, possibly at one or the other of the sites I posted, get a service manual, or at least a wiring diagram, and you can see what those spaghetti ends on the handlebar are supposed to control, and what switching device needs to be replaced.

Latest posts

Back