Just change the mains on morleys muscle kit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDoe8

Reaction score
I'll be the new owner of HDKILA's Vmax this week. He has morleys muscle jet kit installed on the bike and it runs great over in Illinois. However, I live at an altitude of 5000 ft. Just north of Denver... Will just changing the mains to, lets say, 145's suffice in curing the super richness? Obviously it won't run that great with it tuned for low altitude. Any and all input would be great! Thanks!

-Mike

I would start with a smaller main first. Then, do the needle test.

Sadly, all I know of the build is morleys muscle kit. I will see if abe can chime in for the details.

My bike has stage 7 needles (no shims) stock jets (152.5 i believe) and morley muscle kit. Runs like a raped ape here in st. charles. I do have a few sets of jets but unfortunetly they are all bigger jets not smaller.

I've got a partial throttle miss that keeps happening. Just maintaining speed around 25 mph and it will miss. Would putting 147.5's potentially cure this? I'm wondering if it's just too rich so it's gettign a misfire.

Probably no smaller then 147.5's to start.

Sean

I'm going to finally go about changing these out this winter. One question though. Will the 147.5's still give me enough fuel if i were to go down to lower elevation? It would be ideal for the carbs to be set up to run DECENT at my elevation and then if I were to go on a road trip, to run great down there too. Of course, I could always change them out as long road trips don't happen very often.

As far as normal riding, the lowest elevation i'll go is about 4800 ft. The highest is roughly 8,000. Maybe slap in 145's for around here and then if i go on a road trip to lower elevation, just change out back to stock?

The bike won't get hurt really by too lean but it may break up and not run well at full throttle when you go down in elevation considerably. I'd try the 147.5's before the 145's.

Sean

er yeah, that's what i meant. Typo on my part. I'll toss in the 147.5's and leave it at that for around here. Any other adjustments needed or should i be able to just drop em in and leave everything else as is?

I'll probably do that and just swap em out if i go on a long ride. It'll happen once or twice a year so it's no biggie.

Back