Just got it going

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vulcan 750...? I'll put that in my 'Never Again Book' next to the Oil Sensor swap I did on my Challenger (That took 2 days for a $35 part).
Yep that Vulcan is poor designed . I pretty much turn down working on them anymore unkess it is just tires or oil change. The manual says pull motor to get to carbs they will come out without it but not worth my time you also have to pull the motor to change the stator. I would like to shoot the engineer !

Last edited:
Yep that Vulcan is poor designed . I pretty much turn down working on them anymore unkess ut us just tires or oil change. The manual says pull motor to get to carbs they will come out without it but not worth my time you also have to pull the motor to change the stator. I would like to shoot the engineer !
I once had a chance to buy a low-miles Vulcan 750, the owner didn't want it, but their price was too-dear for my wallet. I wouldn't have kept it. I would have cleaned it up, serviced it, and then sold it, if I had bought it. Like Frank Fritz used to say, "ya gotta leave more-meat on the bone!" to have interested me.

I did some work on a Shadow 1100 for a friend, I bought a lot of stuff from him over the years, and those carbs weren't much-fun either. He did lend me a CBX to blitz-across Tamiami Trail, through the FL Everglades to the west coast of FL and back, that was a lot of fun. The pipes on the CBX made it sound like a Porsche flat-six with work done to it. I held it at ~8,000 rpm for a few minutes on the way-back, I'll never-forget that sound.

Last edited:
Yep that Vulcan is poor designed . I pretty much turn down working on them anymore unkess ut us just tires or oil change. The manual says pull motor to get to carbs they will come out without it but not worth my time you also have to pull the motor to change the stator. I would like to shoot the engineer !
84 (83?) GoldWing manual said to remove engine to remove starter and clutch. It is not necessary, idiots write manuals sometimes.

Last edited:
Sharp bike! My pops looked at an ‘85 v4 but got an ‘83 Shadow instead.

Just got the new fuel pump mounted and changed all the fuel lines on the 85' v65. I don't care for where the fuel filter is, but for now I can see how the fuel is. I'll change it to under the seat later on.
Took it out for a 3-4 mile run and runs very good and very quick pickup. Be a good runner against the vMax. Until the V-Boost kicked in, then it would be 'By-By Honda!;) Smooth / Quiet ride too. Thought I wouldn't like the seat, but just the opposite. I liked it. Very comfortable. Removed the Sissy Bar. I'll be looking for a Lower one. PITA to swing my leg over the top. Don't want NO riders anyway.:cool:
The fuel pump I put on was an aftermarket brand, but looked just like the original. Paid about $27 new. Works well, for now anyway. Had to change out the end connector. Tried out that $10 Fuel Pump from amazon and it worked ok, but didn't want to go through the trouble of figuring out how to mount it and then have to remove it later on.:mad: I'll just keep it for a transfer pump.
Gonna leave the bike sit for now and check for leaks. I'll be putting it away later, so I can get on my vMax and give it some well deserved TLC.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173936143281?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649P9200005.JPG

Back