Just installed a Shorai battery

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jschenck

Reaction score
Crazy how light this is. 2# vs. 8.5# measuring with an inaccurate bathroom scale.

I looked at a bunch of options including the less than $40 batteries on Amazon. Settled on this one because - this is my $20k motorcycle (with mods and whatnot)

It's a bit smaller so I used a small block of the included foam on the bottom and stacked a few blocks on the back to get this battery to the same dimensions as the Yuasa.
I did put the heat shield back on since that seems like a good idea.

Nice that they put little blocks of foam on the bottom of the post nuts to hold them in place!

VMX1700-batt1.jpgVMX1700-batt2.jpgVMX1700-batt3.jpg

Is it Li Ion? Gel? How much did you pay for it. I have the seat and air box off my Gen2 right now, so this would be pretty easy.

I've run Shorais for years and had one that I was almost positive was dead after sitting for 2 years on my B-King...threw it on the Shorai charger and that thing bounced right back and has worked fine ever since.

They are great. Guessing mine is 7 or more yrs old. Never failed or on a tender. Just hold the terminal with pliers when tightening the bolt. They are kinda weak.

THANX FOR THE INFO...I DONT NEED ONE YET..MY VMAX IS A 2020, BUT ILL BE READY WITH THIS INFO WHEN IN NEED..👍👍

Best motorcycle battery I've ever purchased, have had mine about a year and it hasn't skipped a beat once. I also do not have it on a tender, although I ride most days of the week year round.

Dang. That’s not too much more than the Duracell AGM I just bought for the CBX!

maybe next time. I have to admit that I am a little nervous about all the lithium ion cells that you see spontaneously combusting. I don’t believe they are allowed on aircraft…other than cell phones.

I think fully half of my bikes now have a Shorai battery in them and the first one I bought was probably 10 years ago...never had an issue with a single one of them.

That is a hell of an endorsement. Sounds like I need to buy one.
I actually went back and counted and I have a Shorai in four of my fourteen bikes and when the fifth bike needs a battery it's going to be a Shorai. From what I have seen if you even moderately take care of them they'll last far longer than a traditional battery and the first time you get one and pull it out of the box you're going to think they forgot to put the 'guts' in the thing...they are stupid light.

I cannot see myself buying any other battery going forward.

Back