"JuSt ONe LAst RidE BEForE PUttIng Her Up..." FML

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that sucks. One last ride, one block from the house, just a quick jaunt down to the store - you never know.

Coulda been worse…

Coulda been worse…

Yep. Coulda been you driving the car into your bike in the garage.

So long as you got away unscathed is what matters, things can be replaced, human lives and limbs, not so.

I have a theory that these type of dents can be pulled out by glueing on pins or bolts and having a bar to pull on the. If multiple bolts were used, then the nut on each would pull the metal by different amounts.

Below is the kind of thing I have in mind, but the pins are welded on, with the glueing method, the surface would be undamaged, the pins removed by either heat to melt the glue or dissolved with a solvent.

Screenshot_20211202-220548.jpg

... actually if the circular end plate is removable.then the majority of the the dent may be pushed out from inside.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago here in upstate NY. Took my 06 over to Larry in Rochester. He is the guy to go to if you are close enough. Or make the trip. I did.
O.P.: glad you aren't any the worse, and that the person didn't flee.

Larry Fitzgerald. LCR Performance.

Nevah heard uh-him!

VMax LCR Performance chain-drive.jpgVMax LCR Performance shop (1).jpg

Latest posts

Back