Just picked up New to me Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlaws justice

Reaction score
Well, Sold my 1995 Vmax with 35,000 miles and turned around and purchased a 1998 with 17,000 miles. Had to make a road trip to get it.

Upstate New York to North Carolina. Trip total milage was 1,600 and trip time total was 27 hours. That included time to drop off a bike I took down with me, Get over to the other location and load up the Vmax I bought. Attached is a pic of myself and my cousin Matt next to the truck after we loaded the Max up.

It was cold here this morning, but since my car is in the shop, I took the FZ1 out to work and used it to drive over to DMV and get the bike paperwork taken care of! Now it is on the road and ready to ride!

Attachments

• 1998 Vmax 001 (Medium).jpg
    1998 Vmax 001 (Medium).jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 1998 Vmax 002 (Medium).jpg
    1998 Vmax 002 (Medium).jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 55
What?! You didn't ride it home? :)
Is that you in the cowboy hat?

Congratulations! The bike looks like it came from a good neighborhood, so it probably has manners and upbringing.

Enjoy your new ride.

Maximum said:
Congratulations! The bike looks like it came from a good neighborhood, so it probably has manners and upbringing.

Enjoy your new ride.

LOL.. good one, although I don't think I've ever seen a well mannered VMax!:angry flame devil:
Nice looking VMax! How long did you go without one after you sold your 95?

Preivious owner either did nothing but commute to work and back or alot of burnouts. I thought the stock Max tyre was square lol.

Bike looks great mate.

Buster Hymen said:
LOL.. good one, although I don't think I've ever seen a well mannered VMax!:angry flame devil:
Nice looking VMax! How long did you go without one after you sold your 95?

Ok, First it is me in the Hat in the picture. I did not ride it home becouse in that little truck there was only enought room for the two of us, and I did not have room for riding gear. Also it was cold and raining up here in the north. Also did not have it registered and insured until I got back.

As for doing without the 1995, I didn't. I have WAY TOO many bikes. But I sold the 1995 this past week, collected the check to pay for mine and went out to pick up the 1998 only a couple days later. The 1995 is still at my place as the New Owner is in the Army and still over in Afganistan. (His wife came over and took care of everything) He has been waiting to buy my bike since way before he left. He will be home in February.

The previous (Original owner) of the 1998 mostly toured on it. He now has an older Venture as well as a 2005 Yamaha FZ1. He is 70 and the wife thought three bikes were too many, so although he did not want to see "Mighty" gone he had to part with something. It is in very Nice Original shape. Also came with some extra's (Some not on the bike) Corbin Seat, Progressive rear shocks, case guards and the windshield. I have saved a few items from my bike that will also be moved over such as backrest. I need to get a new fork brace though.

I see an interesting trend of VMax owners that also own a FZ1. What is it about this bike that made you buy it?

Buster Hymen said:
I see an interesting trend of VMax owners that also own a FZ1. What is it about this bike that made you buy it?

Comfort, handeling, Speed and H.P. More than the Vmax in all catagories, but I still Love the max as well and split my riding about 50/50 this season with a lilttle trail riding put in for good measure.

outlaws justice said:
Comfort, handeling, Speed and H.P. More than the Vmax in all catagories, but I still Love the max as well and split my riding about 50/50 this season with a lilttle trail riding put in for good measure.

I know the VMax has none of those qualities, but lots of other bikes do. I was curious as why so many pick the FZ1.

I have found the FZ1 to have the best of all those qualities. (For the money) it is the best all around bike, better than it's compotitionm Honda 919, Suzuki bandit etc. The Yamaha is just a better bike and those that know the Vmax (Or like many of us own one) really are looking for the best (Not middle of the road!)

Bought another Max...Something about this bike that truly gets under the skin. I remember the day very well when I got mine. I only had to drive about 12 round trip. Man, on a couple hours sleep, (long story) but it was well worth it. Your bike looks great !
Congrats,

800 miles away huh? did you buy it sight unseen? I'm looking for a nice model in CA to ship to me in Hawaii. Only costs $500 to ship er.

serrow said:
800 miles away huh? did you buy it sight unseen? I'm looking for a nice model in CA to ship to me in Hawaii. Only costs $500 to ship er.

Yes and No, Had a friend who drove over and looked it over for me, Tok several pictures, Vidio, and rode it as well. Sent me a three page report and them I made the deal to go and pick it up. This is the same way I purchased my last v-max from New Jersey.

Hey, we just moved to Hawaii- Oahu more specifically. What island are you on? I have a V-Max and was hoping to get some good ideas for rides. Our bikes will be here next week!

Latest posts

Back