Just Purchased, 05 VMax issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, your right Danny, was right front. I really don't want to risk drilling it so hoping it's at 2.5.

I have a question guys, I pulled my carbs and they are all looking pretty good but on #3 the ventury? Will not close all the way on its own. You can add a little pressure and it will close but when opening it back up it sticks. I tried to clean it but can't tell where it's binding.

How big of a deal is it? uploadfromtaptalk1399738937873.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Need to sync your carbs. That is part of the adjustment when you sync. I recommend the CarbTune sync tool.

Anyone have any advice on removing the exhaust? I am hoping I can just take the front 4 bolts out and then the rear mounting bolt then the system will drop down and I can leave the back headers on (because I can't get to the bolts with a wrench).

On a side note: I pulled the carbs and tore them all the way down and cleaned them. They looked really good. The I noticed the main jet on the jet bar was a 170 so I guess PO did re-jet. I also changed out the plugs and get this, all of them but 1 had less than 2#'s torque on them! The last was I didn't even have to use the socket, I just unscrewed it with my hand!!

All in all, it still doesn't want to start cold w/ choke only, still have to blip the throttle. Haven't really taken it out for a drive yet.

I cut a short piece of allen wrench (~1 1/2" long) and used a suitable sized gear wrench as a tool to remove the rear headers bolts in the head. I guess you could also use a 1/4" socket drive to turn the allen wrench.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=13339&highlight=exhaust

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=23592&highlight=exhaust

There you are.

Anyone have any advice on removing the exhaust? I am hoping I can just take the front 4 bolts out and then the rear mounting bolt then the system will drop down and I can leave the back headers on (because I can't get to the bolts with a wrench).

On a side note: I pulled the carbs and tore them all the way down and cleaned them. They looked really good. The I noticed the main jet on the jet bar was a 170 so I guess PO did re-jet. I also changed out the plugs and get this, all of them but 1 had less than 2#'s torque on them! The last was I didn't even have to use the socket, I just unscrewed it with my hand!!

All in all, it still doesn't want to start cold w/ choke only, still have to blip the throttle. Haven't really taken it out for a drive yet.

It seemed to run better but it almost stalled out on me taking off from sitting at a light for a couple minutes. I am going to have to remove the baffle in the exhaust since the PO jetted it. Guess the fuel built up on me while I was sitting there.

Edit: Ok I pulled the baffle at lunch and rode back to work, it was a completely different machine! The exhaust tone, the response, the smoothness, idle.. it was great! It felt like I was sitting on a blown V8! Once I get those exhaust leaks fixed I think I will be good. Then I can start on appearance and comfort mods!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back