Just put a deposit on a diff't v-max!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
Well after a few discouraging reply's about the 88 max I was looking at I kept up my search and just when I was about to give up I found one 120 miles away on ebay. It is a very very nice 85 with 30K on the odo, custom paint, fully maint'd etc etc...here is the description...

THIS BIKE IS COMPLETELY STOCK EXCEPT FOR THE SUPERTRAPP EXHAUST. 30,500 MILES, HAS ALWAYS RECIEVED SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. MECHANICALLY SOUND AND PULLS LIKE THE VMAX IS FAMOUS FOR, SHIFTING IS SMOOTH. A NEW CLUTCH WAS INSTALLED A YEAR AGO. AS THE PICTURES SHOW, MOTORCYCLE IS CLEAN, WITH A PROFESSIONAL CUSTOME PAINT JOB THAT WAS COMPLETED TWO YEARS AGO, WHICH IS A TREE STAGE RED WITH A BLACK WATER SPOT EFFECT AND TWO BLACH STRIPES DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE FAUX COVER. THE BACKREST IS POWDERCOATED BLACK. NO TIME TO RIDE AND HAVE TOO MANY TOYS ACCORDING TO MY WIFE. OVERALL, A NICE LOOKING .. STRONG RUNNING VMAX READY TO RIDE. THIS AUCTION WILL RUN FOR IT'S DURATION AND WILL NOT BE ENDED EARLY FOR A LOCAL SALE. SHOCKS ARE OFF A 96 VMAX WITH LESS THAN 5k ON THEM.

Also includes...
REAR LUGGAGE RACK
ENGINE GUARDS
HIGHWAY PEGS
MOTORCYCLE COVER

BEST PART IS I ENDED UP GETTING IT FOR THE SAME PRICE THE OTHER JABRONI WANTED.

And here are some pics...

Vmax1.jpg

Vmax2.jpg

Vmax3.jpg

Wow, that '85 is cherry. I haven't seen an '85 in that good of condition in a long time. I'm sure the new paint job helped.

Congratulations! Very nice looking Max. If it runs as well as it looks you got a great deal. All that really matters in the end, no matter what you buy, is that you are happy with the purchase.

Good catch M8!

I'm so busy lately I haven't been able to ride either of mine in over two months. I need to get them winterized soon...

Keep your eye out for the IL ride Rick Rash(sp?) does in Ottawa IL in the spring. I will probably go this year which just gives you another reason to go! To see me! lol :biglaugh:

Very nice looking ride.
I would reroute the throttle cables to run in front of the right fork, as the way it is now it could get kinked. Don't ask me how I know this! lol

Looks like a better ride than the '88 for sure - sound much more looked after as well. :biglaugh:

But it is an '85, and while this is the 'original' Max, it also comes with the risk of the early bikes' 2nd gear failure, and without any of the later bikes' Yamaha upgrades. I should know - mine's an '86 lol - but has no tranny problems and is all great other than wobbling like a muthafucker.

Question is - are you getting a decent deal on this one? And of course the bottom line is - how much do you really want it and have you got a boner for it yet :rofl_200:

Just to put my two cents in - right after I bought my '86 for way too much $$ (but absolutely loved it so just had to), I found newer bikes for less money in closer locations! :confused2: This to say take your time - don't rush into a buy..

:hijacked::hijacked::hijacked::hijacked::hijacked:

Just a quick thumbs up everyone - called BikeBandit yesterday and the

Shinko tires are now in stock!
Check out this deal -
$146.81
for BOTH tires (170/80 V15 & 110/90 V18) to my doorstep!!!

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Are they truly V rated?

V-rated they most definitely are.

But BB also most clearly lists them as 'Radials', and I even asked them to confirm that to me when I called them to order.

Of course they cannot possibly be radials, as they would then be rated VR. Looking forward to calling them about this once the tires arrive - I may get some discount or voucher or maybe even free tires once the cat's out of the bag. :rofl_200:

Maybe Uncle Philthy or anyone who already has Shinkos could clarify - can you see 'V' or 'VR' on the tire?

Nice bike, Did you get a chance to ride this one ? If it has no probs
it looks like the way to go, but just be patient ya never know what
will show up.

Nice bike, Did you get a chance to ride this one ? If it has no probs
it looks like the way to go, but just be patient ya never know what
will show up.

Did not get to ride it but spoke with the owner on a phone for awhile and from the way it sounds he did everything right on this bike.

I'm picking her up in the morning and will let you all know how it goes!

He shoots!, he SCORES!!!:punk:

Great find, I wish you many many miles of riding. 2010 is closer then you think.:biglaugh:

My goodness, check out this cherry '85 with only 10k on it:

3464_3.JPG

3b4c_3.JPG

e459_3.JPG

Linkage

Maybe Uncle Philthy or anyone who already has Shinkos could clarify - can you see 'V' or 'VR' on the tire?

Just walked out to the bike to look... The rear says "83V", the front says "65V". They also say "MAX SPEED 149 MPH".

Enjoy the V-MAX, and for consideration perhaps we should hook up for a ride before the snow flys. I am about 45min fro St.Charles. Fall in Illinois is some of the best riding weather of the year. My 85 gets a lot of compliments, although the parts counter kid looked at me like I was ordering parts for a Model T.

Enjoy the V-MAX, and for consideration perhaps we should hook up for a ride before the snow flys. I am about 45min fro St.Charles. Fall in Illinois is some of the best riding weather of the year. My 85 gets a lot of compliments, although the parts counter kid looked at me like I was ordering parts for a Model T.

I would be happy to! WHy don't you get your ass over here and help me get my 85 running good LOL! I pay well!

Back