Just saw This and Thought to Myself

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patate657

Brownsville, tx
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Crazy Man Turbocharges Harley-Davidson Road King​

Steven Symes
Thu, December 29, 2022 at 2:00 PM CST

"Maybe now it'll be able to run fast enough to see the 1700 vMax's rear plates. Maybe...." 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, believe I saw that article. Is that the one where he's drag-racing a Hyabusa?

The online site I hate is HotCars, which is absolutely the bottom of the barrel for credible motor enthusiast articles. To make a retrospective on some old car, they usually post a pic of a resto-mod, with rubber-band tires and +6" diameter wheels on it. No, not stock! The copy for the article is always riddled with errors. It's journalistic homicide where their crap just sh_ts all over the car being mentioned.

Last edited:
Here is the You Tube link to the race between the turbo Harley & a Hyabusa. It's a roll on to just 60 M.P.H. at the end of the vidio.

They claim the Harley has the 131 ci Screaming Eagle engine, cam change, with a turbo at 223.26 HP with 217.55 TQ. I still can't believe the Harley just leaves the Hyabusa behind as shown in the vidio. But I bet the Harley is fast.

At 13:42 of the vidio the guy on the Harley admits the Hyabusa is faster & they are just not running the race correctly. The guy that owns the Harley owns SRK Cycles & all of his You Tube vidios seem very honest.

That H-D horsepower # is only 6 digits less than the speed a Hyabusa from my friend's shop turned, GPS clocked. That's 217 mph, top end. No not stock. They usually use turbos or NOS wet systems, with sophisticated electronics programmable for how much power-adder comes-in. They like the Schnitz electronics. A couple of the guys from the shop have Hyabusas with NOS and the mods to allow the bike to live.

Hyabusa-Charlie.jpg

This one is licensed for the street.

They use 8.9 seconds as dial-ins because it's easy to run that consistently, though they both can run much-quicker than that. When W. Palm Beach Raceway was operational, that's where they usually ran. It's been sold and warehouses are being built on-site and the quarter-mile track is no-more. I first went there in '74.

Here's one built for a customer, 535 RWHP on the Blais Cycle (FL) dyno. The customer bought it, but he never ran it, and brought it back for them to set it up for sale, a year later. I suspect he was intimidated by it.

Hyabusa white.01.pngHyabusa white.02.png

The H-D with a long wheelbase is good for coming out of the hole, and it builds a lot of torque quickly.

Last edited:
Back