Just saw this on CL

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just south of Melbourne FL. That's where we stay to go to Bike Week. It gives us a nice little trip up the coast each day. This bike's advantages: lots of extras; it has the '93+ better brakes and larger fork downtubes/sliders, the '90+ better ignition.

Not mine, no one I know:
1993 Yamaha vmax, 29, 700 miles yup is old bike, but is in great condition, garage keep, clean and fast, very FAST,and LOUD ,drag bars and forward controls ,everything works, seat has NO RIPS, great paint ready for the drag strip if you like, adult own asking 3,000 comes with some service records, and manual

Last edited:
It's not far from where I live if anyone wants me to go check it out. I already have a garage full of bikes or I would look at it for myself.

I was going to say "to many", but had to backspace, as that would sound like one of my non-motorcycling friends.

That is is nice condition and even though the modifications are not to my taste, I'd snap that up, what a bargain for $ 3

BTW I do wonder how restrictive to air flow are some of the aftermarket radiator grilles, this one looks like less that 50% of the radiator matrix is blocked off, surely that ain't a good idea in Florida where I believe it can get quite hot?

1614206654065.png

I live in Palm Bay but have never seen that bike around, of course this place is getting way too built up from when I moved here 35 years ago... Yeah, I'm old but I still love my V-Fours!

It's not far from where I live if anyone wants me to go check it out. I already have a garage full of bikes or I would look at it for myself.

I was going to say "to many", but had to backspace, as that would sound like one of my non-motorcycling friends.
The correct answer to "How many bikes do you have ?" is "Not enough."

I live in Palm Bay but have never seen that bike around, of course this place is getting way too built up from when I moved here 35 years ago... Yeah, I'm old but I still love my V-Fours!
I've lived in Miami since the Z-1 was introduced. Back then the tallest Miami skyscraper was One Biscayne Tower which was 39 stories and 492 ft.

Now the tallest building is Panorama at 85 stories and 846 ft. It's just-behind the SunTrust Plaza, 869 ft. & the second-tallest building in Atlanta.

Things change. Florida is #3 in population, behind CA and TX.

Yeah. Florida is the new New York.
While I can often find agreement in your posts, I cannot agree here. Not in-terms of the political climate of each. I don't need to enter into a discourse of right-vs.-left, I'm just-sayin' that having lived many years in each, I prefer the Deep South to the Mid-Atlantic State, and largely that's because I can ride 12 months / year here in Florida. The largest population area in Florida is in the S.E., and that probably has demographics more-closely-aligned with the large-population areas of NYC/Buffalo/Rochester. The more-rural areas of NY and FL are probably more-conservative, and lower-population.

Maybe some of you will agree Minneapolis is now the "New" Detroit. Floyd riots and our d--khead leaders accellerated the demise of a once great city with a clean, crime free, vibrant downtown where one could walk late at night leaving a bar or sporting event or concert. We used to have Supercross events and the Intl Motorcycle Show. I won't go near that s--thole now if they did come back.

While I can often find agreement in your posts, I cannot agree here. Not in-terms of the political climate of each. I don't need to enter into a discourse of right-vs.-left, I'm just-sayin' that having lived many years in each, I prefer the Deep South to the Mid-Atlantic State, and largely that's because I can ride 12 months / year here in Florida. The largest population area in Florida is in the S.E., and that probably has demographics more-closely-aligned with the large-population areas of NYC/Buffalo/Rochester. The more-rural areas of NY and FL are probably more-conservative, and lower-population.

LOL. Well, I wasn’t actually referring to the political climate, I was talking about the sheer number of New Yorkers (and others), both rural and city-dwellers, that have relocated to Florida.

I lived in Central Florida for a good many years in the 80s and 90s and that mass migration had already begun. It never really stopped, so I can imagine how it is now. That’s where the population explosion came from. The growth is not just from procreation although I did my part...

So yeah, it wasn’t really intended to be a political comment. I tread lightly there.

I consider myself a Floridian all-but by birth. Not a Flori-duh person, the type of person Dave Barry, the humor columnist who used-to write for the Miami Herald, was so-fond of lampooning. There is a great variety of cultures here, in south Florida, and elsewhere throughout the state. The two largest-population school districts are in Miami (Miami-Dade County) and Ft. Lauderdale (Broward County) metropolitan areas, and a sign of their heterogenous composition, the school boards have-to make accommodations for educating children speaking at-home over 60 languages, in ESOL classes. There are all-sorts of ethnic-foods restaurants from around the globe. European, Asian, African, South American-Central American, and I know where to go to get the delicacy of French-Canadian smoked meats and poutine. There is a good Indian restaurant not-far from us, and they can make it as-hot as you can stand, though I see no need to scorch my mouth, I do like curry. My friends who hunt give me venison and sausage, and you can go to the docks as the boats come-in from the Atlantic Ocean Gulfstream, and buy the catch, dressed. There's nothing like fresh snapper, dolphin (dorado, the fish, not Flipper!), grouper, swordfish, kingfish, or other fishes. One acquaintance ran a smoked fish business for many years, he was a Norton guy, and I always got discounts, because we'd talk bikes, and that product was delicious!

Last edited:
Oh man, you mentioned fish! Dang. I had a series of boats in Florida (and a 95 Cobalt even now). I have many fond memories of running out into the Gulf - often launching from Crystal River so that returning to the trailer automatically cleansed the sea water. On the Gulf side, there are places several miles out where the water is barely over your head when the tide is low. Some of the best fishing I've ever done in my life was in Florida. Both on and off shore. It's easy to load up on shrimp by anchoring at an inlet in the barrier islands at night with tide pouring through and lights hung out. Shrimp are like moths to a flame. Easy pickings. Good times.

But, I visited some old friends about ten years ago just outside Ocala. I was shocked at how much had changed. Ma Barker's Hideaway, a bar I practically lived in in the old town of Ocklawaha (near where her gang had their infamous shootout with the FBI) didn't have that "Hideaway" feel any more. Oceans of homes and "trailers" have sprouted amongst the sand and the pine trees. Well and truly shocked, I was, that I didn't even recognize some areas at first.

Still, I miss living there terribly. Incidentally, I learned how to "ride in the rain" in Florida. Owning only a motorcycle will get you wet there.

Often.

And since we're on the fish topic, sort of, my career path took me from Florida to the Texas Gulf coast just south of Houston. Fished a lot there, too. The boys were small and one of our fun things to do was to go down to Freeport in the evening when the shrimp boats were coming in and watch them unload. There were other fishing boats at work there, but the shrimp fleet dominated. Quite a spectacle. Sigh.

And not that we've thoroughly stomped the OP's thread about the modified Vmax, back to that topic - looks like it sold. Hopefully to somebody here.

Actually +1 right now is a perfect original Suzuki RL 250 (my 1st trials bike in 1975) sitting in San Jose waiting for a ride home. + 2 is an RZ 500 I'm having inspected soon but I have a feeling it's not gonna pass. In the shop right now N = 35. My kids might do the "-N" someday but not me ! The only time I do the - thing is when I find a better specimen and I can upgrade to lower miles and more original condition.

You guys are making me want move back to Florida, not that that's a new thing. We lived in Hobe Sound(Jupiter area) from 08 to 14 and loved it. Rode year round. Beautiful area and not too far down. To me once below West Palm it's all city and too crowded. Leaving next Monday to fly down and visit mom and sister that still live in HS. Can't wait, wish I had the Max with me...

Back