Just updated to iOS4 for iPhone

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gasem

Reaction score
It's AWESOME! I have a 3Gs so I can use multi-tasking... LOVE IT!

It'll hold me over till my new iPhone 4 comes.... :eusa_dance:

God I'm a geek!

Chris

Just picked this baby up a few weeks ago, It has a 10 speed dial option and a three hour battery. HELL YEAH!!!!

Attachments

• ancient1.jpg
    ancient1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 7
I thought we had to wait till the 21st, I guess not! Multitasking will make things alot easier, can't wait to use it.

ATT still sucks though.

I agree. There is no 3g anywhere near where I live. Their commercials tout nationwide coverage which is true for phone service, but not their 3g. I've only been able to use it in Chicago, and there it seemed to only work in certain parts of the city. Phone is great, ATT sucks.

OK I forgot to post that if this becomes an ATT bashing thread I'll delete the posts.

I'm not going to go back and forth on it. Been there done that on other forums and I ended up deleting the thread. This is mainly for the iOS4 and has NOTHING to do with AT&T.

Thanks!

Well the general public can't get it. Unless... You have a Mac and you boot leg a copy of the Gold Master from a developer. If you have a Mac Bing or Google Free iTunes 9.2 and iOS4 and see what you come up with.

Remember that multitasking doesn't really work until the app peeps release their updates.

Chris

I can't wait. I live in an area where the service is excellent. And the new OS will keep me happy until I am eligable for an upgrade. The iphone is the TOR(Adventure Rider Tag O Rama) weapon of choice.

I can't wait. I live in an area where the service is excellent. And the new OS will keep me happy until I am eligable for an upgrade. The iphone is the TOR(Adventure Rider Tag O Rama) weapon of choice.

Remember AT&T is letting you upgrade 6 months before your normal date. So if you're within that time frame you're golden!

Only the 3Gs can multitask and I can see why... It uses a lot of RAM.

Chris

Is there anything else to this update besides multitasking? Has anything else changed since going to iOS4?

Amazing! Having folders is nice, and the Bluetooth keyboard is sweet!
I love this phone! Im trying to convince my friends with "lesser" smartphones to convert when the new phones are out. It's still by far the best, most well thought out phone there is, IMO.

I agree! Form AND Function... :eusa_dance:

Android has really made iPhone a better phone and vice-versa.

Chris

iOS4 is getting released this upcoming monday. No need to get your panties all in a bunch. Here is how I feel about apple product updates...

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apple

So you have a distaste for the fact that apple evolves? :confused2:

You must hate all technology then...

People always hate the successful people... Racing's the same way. Root for the underdog.

lol

Chris

Technology is improving constantly, and every company releases updates/revisions to their products. The difference I see between Apple and most others is that while others update software/firmware to add in new features or functionality, Apple updates the hardware. IMO Apple should "think to the future" a bit more with their devices and build in additional power/features even if they aren't immediately used. Though I guess there's a lot more money in "forcing" people to buy a whole new device for several hundred dollars than say five or ten dollars for a firmware update. I realize Apple does firmware updates a lot, but their devices just don't seem to hang around as long as others. Which I guess from an "advancing technology" standpoint is good, but from a consumer without unlimited money standpoint, not so good.

I guess my point is that the original iphone and the iphone 3gs(or whatever the latest version is) look almost exactly the same, and do pretty much all the same things, just the newer versions are a little faster, a little slimmer, couple tweaks to the OS, whatever.

I'm happy with my going on 3 year old "dumb" phone. It takes mediocre (at best) pictures and the battery is starting to crap out so I might have to get a new one soon. It was the first of the "full keyboard" horizontal flip phones. All I do is make calls and every so often text. I really don't think I'd use a smartphone of any brand/carrier. As far as I'm concerned an ipod touch + my regular phone = an iPhone. There's wifi virtually everywhere now anyway.

I heard att is discontinuing the unlimited data plan and forcing all new customers to buy a "x amount of MB/month" plan, with the biggest option being 250mb and then a per-MB fee after that. So download one audiobook and you're done for the month? To me that kills the functionality of the iPhone. If I was a little interested in one before, I'm definitely not going to pay out the butt to use it's features. I'm surprised Apple let them do that...I imagine that would hurt itunes/app sales since you'll have to pay again for data fees to download them.

I've played with the Verizon "droid" phones....I have to hand it to Apple, they still have the overall smoothest, most intuitive device out there(even if they're on IMO one of the worst carriers for price and service) Android is a nice OS, but the touchscreens on the phones aren't as precise or responsive as Apple's. I didn't realize how well my iPod's screen worked until I tried something else.

thanks chris, ya i think ill wait, do you know any loop holes on getting an i4g phone for the cheap price vise paying the normal price? someone was telling me you can add another line for cheap then cancel your line the next month. but im looking to retain my #. any ideas?

Back