K&N air filter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax1125

Reaction score
well after some searching on k&n's site i found a panel filter that is the same size on the outside as the stock filter. i went to the local parts store it was in stock for $37. i came home tore it apart removed the restictor panel and fitted the k&n it fit but was to snug easy fix i filed about a 1/8" off the sides and the top now it fits. the only issue is the filter is flexable on the top and bottom not the sides do to the filter vains and i dont want it to pull in under high air flow so i will use some sort of glue or silicone to lock it in place. the stock filter still fits even with the little material removed. i think it a good easy mod for $40 and a 1/2 hour time and a dremel would make fast work of it but mine is smoked. here is a front and back shot fitted in the box.
Chris​

Attachments

• 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 56
Very nice! :thumbs up: It looks like Morley's Muscle kit but for the 09!

I am pretty sure you are going to need air correctors in your carbs to run this set up. Sean or Mark can confirm
Cheers

quick update the k&n hits the variable stacks ot the very top making them not open up so if you plan on removing them your fine. the stock filter is tapered so even flipped around it still does clear the stacks. i know there are a few people out there that removed the stacks it just takes alittle from the low end.
Chris

Latest posts

Back