Kansas City Harley Davidson Plant Closing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
Even though I give Harley's a hard time, I hate to see this:

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansasc...y-davidson-kc-plant-closing-announcement.html

During a Tuesday earnings call, Harley-Davidson CEO Matt Levatich said the plant closing would affect 800 jobs in Kansas City.

According to a Tuesday morning release, the Milwaukee-based motorcycle manufacturer (NYSE: HOG) plans to consolidate its Kansas City assembly plant into its York, Pa., operation. The move will add about 450 jobs in Pennsylvania. The company also plans to close a wheel plant in Australia, affecting 100 jobs.

"The decision to consolidate our final assembly plants was made after very careful consideration of our manufacturing footprint and the appropriate capacity given the current business environment. Our Kansas City assembly operations will leave a legacy of safety, quality, collaboration and manufacturing leadership," Harley-Davidson CEO Matt Levatich said in the release.

We've seen this coming, not this plant specifically but HD downsizing. I think the era of folks paying $25k+ for $8k bikes is slowly grinding to a halt. I hope those unemployed are able to jump on the uptick in other industries and keep working. Never like to hear about folks getting put out of work. There are plenty of jobs out there for skilled labor right now. Local employers here cant find enough good help.

Back