Keihin FCR jet numbers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildweasel_pt

Reaction score
Hi all
I've been tinkering with FCR setups for a while and I would like to know what jets are the FCR users using on their carbs. I know it depends on pressure altitude and all that but I would like to have an idea of a starting point to work with.
The FCRs have 4 jets, 2 air jets (main and pilot) by the intake and 2 fuel jets (main and pilot) inside the fuel bowl. I would appreciate the input of people using them (regardless if its a VGas, PCW or whatever arrangement/setup you have). Please pour the knowledge. I recently put a set that i was preparing for sale due not having enough time to prepare them but now I got the itch again and I (I assume many others here as well) would like to get more into depth on this. Thanks

You can have an idea of what im talking about here. the list encompasses all keihin brand jets but im referring to the ones specific for the FCR carb models only.

http://www.pjmotorsports.com/keihin-jets.html

Flatslides on a 1500 tourmaster:

Main 150
Pilot 45
Needles EMP on Clip #3. I on #4 with the Kerker and had to lower for the UFO
Main Air 150
Slow Air 100
Air Screw 1 Turn

I have tried 142 to 157 Mains and the 150 seems best all around.
A/F runs right in that 13:1 range

I have a 1500 tourmaster and im running the same as Seans i bump up to 155 mains if i vp race fuel

What kind of altitude are you guys running those engines at? Or you have't noticed relevant differences? I've read that a jet size is good up to roughly 1500 feet altitude changes. What about for stock engines?
I know there are adjustable slow air jets for these carbs, how many turns on those?

Back