Kenda vs Shinko???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised you are not trying to make your own from fire hose, coat hangers and bubblegum
A few months ago I bought super cheap new tires "V-rubber". They were not round!!!! I rode my bike and it felt like tires were not balanced at all. I had to buy new set of tires and install them again. I was punished... I used Shinkos and Kendas many times, they were fine.

Tyres are what connects you with the ground so always try to buy the best.

I only compromise on the rear pair on my FWD car.

Sods law is such that the more expensive the tyre, the more likely it is gonna get damaged by potholes or by picking up a nail, hence the above.

I bought gazillion Shinko tires, perfect grip. I don't care how long tire lasts. Shinkos used to be cheapest tires.

used plenty of Skinko's with good success. BUT, the per mile price is overall better with the Metzler. If you aren't drag racing to need the super soft compounds then you are just changing tires more often for an overall more expensive price.
I used to love the Continental Blitz and Dunlop K-595's but I was replacing rear tires every 1000-1500 miles.

I haven't used the V-Rubber though have sold a few to customers with the fat tire bikes. I have used Kenda's a long time ago on old Maxims and Virago's. Not sure I would want to go that cheap on a Vmax that I ride aggressively though.

I put a set of Kenda Kruz on a Honda V65 and was quite happy with them, although the rear tire took a lot of weight to balance. At first it took 80g to balance. I tried rotating the tire 180 degrees on the rim and then it reduced to 50g.

I had one Shinko 712 front tire that was out of round and I had to return it.

Latest posts

Back