Kerker 4-1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsg612

Reaction score
I have a 06 Vmax kind of a dream since my grandfather had a 85 model and I’ve always looked up to him. But I installed a Kerker exhaust 4-1 and took it to the bike shop and they went up one on my main and went up one on my pilot and I know that’s not right. I’ve read 150 main & everything else stock. I did order the competition baffle so that may change things when jetting. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I have a 06 Vmax kind of a dream since my grandfather had a 85 model and I’ve always looked up to him. But I installed a Kerker exhaust 4-1 and took it to the bike shop and they went up one on my main and went up one on my pilot and I know that’s not right. I’ve read 150 main & everything else stock. I did order the competition baffle so that may change things when jetting. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Thats NOT right. CV carbs are CONSTANT VELOCITY carbs, and do a very good job of running no matter where you are...etc. But, When you flow more air OUT....a better exhaust...etc, you flow more air IN, which will PULL more fuel with it.....making you too rich.

Most people have very good luck with 150 mains, or even 147.5's, and shimming the stock needle. Stock jetting is 152.5's....so the bike shop went to 155's? and MORE fuel on the pilot jets (stock is 37.5's)? The Gen 1 Vmax is RICH from the factory....FYI.

My recommendation, 147.5's, shim the stock needle (If the bike shop doesnt know where to get some needle shims, I can post where I get mine from), and stock pilot jets 3-4 turns outs. If you need help getting the # of turns out, I can post a simple way to tell if its too lean, or too rich, on the # of turns out.

FYI, the pilot jets cover from 0-4000 rpm, and from 0 to about 1/8th of the throttle. Basically its what you run around town on.

Hey, where are you? Put your location below your screen name, and maybe someone by you can help you to get things right. Traumahawk gave you the straight-skinny.

Back