Kerker K series baffle questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillerBee

Reaction score
Finally getting a chance to check out my new to me 2002 Max a little closer.

It has a Kerker Header and K series canister.

While inspecting my canister I noticed the baffle was just flopping and rolling around inside the can.

I took the end cap off and there is no packing inside, just the baffle rolling around in there.

I've never taken a canister apart so I don't know how everything is supposed to look, I understand there should be packing inside that probably has burned away and needs repacked but should the baffle be connected to the end cap or does the packing just keep the baffle in place?

All the pictures I've seen of new K series baffles appear to have the baffle connected to the end cap although some baffles seem to have a different style (smaller) end cap than mine.:confused2:

Thanks.

Pics of what I have.
baffle_zpse847f578.jpg

baffle2_zpsc28d75ac.jpg

KGrHqNHJEFDz49LG5NBQcsw8yD60_12_zpsd3d6f4c0.jpg

The baffle should be held in place by the end cap and an internal piece that the baffle slips into at each end. When you remove the end cap the baffle will fall down. I repacked my previous Kerker using mats purchased on eBay. It was the best packing I could find. The eBay vendor was "st.john316".

Thanks.

When I pulled the end cap off the can the bigger end of the baffle (bottom of the pic) was up top.

The small end fits in the end cap better, does the bigger end slide into something in the front of the can (up by the inlet)?

Latest posts

Back