Kerker slip-ons and centerstand?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please post your results when you do. I currently have drilled stocks and am contemplating doing some sort of upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

They are ligher and louder. You can get comp baffles as well if you want even more noise. They will not give you any upgrade in performance though. We do have pretty decent pricing on the Kerker and Supertrapp products.

Sean

They are one of the several types of slip-ons I have owned. (Jardines, Supertrapp and Kerker). IMO they are the best looking (especially the chrome versions) and sounding. However they are loud which is why I eventually went back to stock. They have an additional benefit of being low and parallel to the ground which keeps them from burning any throwover saddlebags, etc.

Please post your results when you do. I currently have drilled stocks and am contemplating doing some sort of upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Check out daves1986vmax on YouTube, he has sound bites of his kerker slipons.

Oh yes I looked his videos before, sounds good to me :) It's kind a hard though to compare via internet, some cameras picks sounds differently and these kerkers may have different baffles in them, or different packing material.. But I may try to shoot some video when I get them installed (maybe next week), bike has no battery ATM because i was going to let him sleep over winter, but now I'm too anxious to hear how these new pipes sounds.. So have to start it up!

I've had the kerker slip ons and they are not as nice as the SuperTrapp slip ons IMHO. Not nearly as loud either!

You just need to get comp baffles if you want them to have noise!

When I had the Kerker slip-ons I tried to get different baffles and Kerker told me they were not available for the slip-ons, just the full system. I repacked with the best packing I could find and they were still too loud for me. However, as I said before, I do not like loud mufflers. Just wanted a better sound than stock. I didn't like the Supertrapps color change but other than that they were ok. The chrome Kerkers look a lot better than the aluminum finish ones in my opinion.

They are one of the several types of slip-ons I have owned. (Jardines, Supertrapp and Kerker). IMO they are the best looking (especially the chrome versions) and sounding. However they are loud which is why I eventually went back to stock. They have an additional benefit of being low and parallel to the ground which keeps them from burning any throwover saddlebags, etc.

I bought these several months back and am VERY pleased with them. They are a bit louder than stock, but not obnoxious. Think of a hotrod small block, that is about the only way that i can describe the sound. The bolt right up, no modifications. They are angled out more straight, and not angled up like the exhaust on a sports bike. I also turned the A/F mixture screws out 1/2 a turn on all four cylinders. Helped the sound and drivability.

I have aluminium ones, chrome would be my choice hands down but these were second hand and at reasonable price so I've just had to buy them. Improvement to drilled stocks is big, sound is louder and deeper, maybe even better than I hoped it to be! Can't drive it yet because its winter here, but I think they will sound good on the road too. Not too quiet for me, more would be too loud maybe!

Attachments

• kuva (2).jpg
    kuva (2).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 14
  • kuva (3).jpg
    kuva (3).jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 17
Back