kerker, UFO, Dale walker?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domnic32

Reaction score
got an 88 with a full kerker k series exhaust. If I remove the air box and put four kn air filters does it need to be rejetted to a stage 7? Next, is this even worth it with the kerker? I debated the UFO slash exhaust with the same setup (4 K&N with stage 7 jet) but I heard a lot of bad news on them. What do you guys think?
:bang head:

for sure if you go to the individual filters you will need to add air correctors which comes with a stage 7 kit. You can also get and probaly well worth it is to get a jet kit from sean morley. are you saying there is a problem with stage 7 kit or stg 7 with ufo? the jet kits defininetly make paower and with the full exhaust will keep the grin on your face for a while. Id give sean a call he for sure can help you out with picking the right set up. I do not believe you have to go to a stg 7 just for the individual filters but not worth the chg if you were not putting in a kit. seans kits keeps you airbox and mods it out for a single large filter, which is the way to go imo.

yes , on re-jet w/ Kerker & individual air pods. Seans kit has new jetting included but uses 1 large air filter & is highly recommended here in lieu of the pods. I have both and am ready to do a comparison as soon as I re-jet with the Morley kit . :punk:

UFO BLOWS! Check out the good and bad vendor reviews. I don't think you'll see UFO under good... Also check out the VMF links for more exhaust choices.

Kerkers 4-2-1 is the bomb!

I've had DW's and IMO they fit the best on the bike. You can tell he took his time to fit these but they aren't the best sounding 4-2 IMO.

Marks is the best sounding 4-2 I've heard and now have his setup and am VERY happy with them. He can be a little hard to get a hold of but don't lose faith.

+1 on Seans kit over stage 7. MUCH easier to setup IMO and MUCH better performance over stock.

Chris

Back