Key blanks - where to buy?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremys73

Reaction score
I went to the Yamaha dealership to get some spare keys made before I loose my only key and the parts man spent quite awhile looking up stuff on the parts computer, then said he had to get on his personal computer for his cheat sheet of keys... And the end of all of that he said he can't get one, order one or anything.. says Yamaha doesn't have them...

Before that I had ace hardware make me two but they don't work...

So now I have the key locked up before a kid eats it or ghosts run off with it...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I found a place on e-bay to get them. Ordered several and went to locksmith to have them cut. He wouldn't cut my keys but he had keys there and used them. Said he couldn't take a chance on the keys I brought in. Said they would roughen his cutter. Sorry for the rant. Try a locksmith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one made at ACE and it works on the bike in all locks. However on the ignition it only works when placed in one direction, if I flip it, the key won't turn. I would love to get actual Yamaha key blanks to have some new keys made.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I went to a local locksmith and he made me 4 for about $10 or so.
They all work perfectly.

I went to a local locksmith and he made me 4 for about $10 or so.
They all work perfectly.

Same here....called PCW to find out who they use then went to that guy. He asked that I bring the bike in to verify the new keys work...no prob, good excuse for a ride.

Very surprised how inexpensive they were. :clapping:

Same here....called PCW to find out who they use then went to that guy. He asked that I bring the bike in to verify the new keys work...no prob, good excuse for a ride.

Very surprised how inexpensive they were. :clapping:

i could use some spare keys, sounds like it'd be cost effective to drive out to that guy (with the bikes obviously) don't ya agree dan?

Absolutely Garrett, that's a great idea....after the wind chill warnings subside, ey?

i'm thinking spring time. now how to convince Steph that this is the best way to get a couple spares ....:ummm:

i'm thinking spring time. now how to convince Steph that this is the best way to get a couple spares ....:ummm:

Don't want to point you in the direction of marital ruin Garrett but maybe it'll be one of those "Jeez Honey, I hate driving all the way over there but there just isn't anyplace around here to get these things......" :blink000:

Don't want to point you in the direction of marital ruin Garrett but maybe it'll be one of those "Jeez Honey, I hate driving all the way over there but there just isn't anyplace around here to get these things......" :blink000:

this gents is a man who knows a thing or two....:clapping:

I think I have some genuine yam blanks in the bottom of a box somewhere....I'll have a look later..

IM interested on getting 1 or 2 original blanks mate. Can you PM me if you are willing to sell and conditions please?

I got 2 skulls off of ebay 1 is clear plastic with yamaha logo inside but its to big to carry in my pocket, the 2nd 1 is i think pewter and is a flaming skull and is smaller but heavy so i know its in my pocket.
What i like about these are there is nothing flapping rubbing my scoop.

Went to a locksmith and had two more made, those didn't work either.
Maybe my original key is too worn.. but crap it's only got 8000 miles on it... Guess I'll have to wait til I can take the bike there

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Key blank is "Ilco # yh49" Any good locksmith should have them, they also fit some Suzuki`s. Not sure where you would get the original with the hard plastic head if the dealer can`t get them. You could try "Plastic Dip" if you can still get it.

Back