key turn, click click, click

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srx2002

Reaction score
I have a quick question, when I start the vmax (06) after an extended amout on time...as soon as I turn the key to the on position..I hear Click....click....click. the clicking seems to get slower after the first click. I know it sounds weird...but it's the only way I can describe it. It's not the buzz of the vboost....it's something else. Almost seems like it could be a starter solenoid or soemthing?? any Ideas what it could be...???

Thanks, Brian

Brian, it's the fuel pump. Depending on how full the float bowls are, they'll click at different rates of speed. Anyway, it's totally normal.

maleko89 said:
Brian, it's the fuel pump. Depending on how full the float bowls are, they'll click at different rates of speed. Anyway, it's totally normal.
Brian....I dont mean to laugh.....but I did!
Must be your 1st max?

yup...it is my first Vmax actually,

P.S Did you know that when you turn the key on a Yamaha Srx equipped with a DCS...the light will flash twice only to acknowledge that the system is in tact?

strange...I thought everyone would know that......but I wont laugh if they never.

srx2002 said:
yup...it is my first Vmax actually,

P.S Did you know that when you turn the key on a Yamaha Srx equipped with a DCS...the light will flash twice only to acknowledge that the system is in tact?

strange...I thought everyone would know that......but I wont laugh if they never.
dude....I wasnt laughing cause I thought you were ignorant or anything..... just one of those moments where something hits you and you laugh without meaning to.
No question is ever stupid......I didnt mean anything by it,ok?

Back