Kick Stand Puck

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Lee

Reaction score
Now that the weather is getting hotter, does anyone use a kick stand puck, when its above 90 degrees out, I know some bikes are notorious for falling over,

Never-had an issue w/a Gen 1 sinking-into the asphalt. Carrying something w/you to spread the load is good-thinking.

Now that the weather is getting hotter, does anyone use a kick stand puck, when its above 90 degrees out, I know some bikes are notorious for falling over,
my gen 1 sunk almost half way down on the side stand while I was in the dentist chair. one of the girls asked me if I wanted to fix it or continue in the chair. glad i went out to fix it or i would have had a hell of a time picking it up buried that deep. always used the center stand on hot days or my puck.
later,bill

I had my Gen 1 fall over in an asphalt parking lot after 5 minutes. It was August and I was in the Advanced Riders Course from the MSF. I was very lucky that the bike hit me since I was standing next to it getting instructions for the next exercise on the riding range. I was holding on with a terrible grip. Fortunately several people jumped into help right the bike and it did not hit the ground.

After that I always use the center stand on the Gen1.

My Gen2 does not have a center stand. Only had it a month with terrible weather so there has been no issue. Without the little storage space under the rear seat, where do you keep a puck? Is there a center stand kit? I am going to start looking for one.

No center stand kit available.

There is enough space under the flip up part of the seat for a puck I would think.

There is also space under the left side side cover, which is accessible with your key.

I've personally never felt a need for a puck, but I can understand your concern.

I work on a Navy base in SoCal. They install kickstand plates in the motorcycle parking areas.

Last edited:
Better to use the side stand and a puck. The centerstand can also sink in - and not always evenly, so the bike can still fall. Ask me how I know...

I reached out to Exactrep as they make a lot of custom parts. They make the 2nd gas tank tank and many other interesting parts.

No Joy on a center stand for Gen2.

Does anyone use those bolt on pieces that make the surface area of the side stand foot larger? I've been thinking about getting one off amazon but have not looked closely to see what would fit, look and function the best... Recommendations?

Buy a Puck??!!
Just carry a six pack of beer, when you need to stop, drink a beer then stamp on the empty can and you have a puck.

rGPEylS.jpg
[/IMG]
rGPEylS.jpg

Ok, here's my take. In nearly fifty years of riding, the security of side stand placement has never been something I have given more than maybe two seconds' thought. Even in Phoenix. I am in no way inclined to splash $30 on something to solve the "issue". Just move the bike a couple of inches/feet and get on with life. I do it without even thinking about it.

Sorry to be a jerk, but in my opinion, this is much ado about nothing...

So, your telling me in the fifty years of riding, even in Arizona, you've never had a kick stand melt into the asphalt? Hard to believe that...and you kind of are being a jerk.

So, your telling me in the fifty years of riding, even in Arizona, you've never had a kick stand melt into the asphalt? Hard to believe that...and you kind of are being a jerk.

Yeah, well, like I said, when it’s hot it just takes a little extra attention where you put the stand down. Worst case, it’s never too hard to find a piece of something to put under it if need be. Even in Phoenix. Even for jerks.

I’m just saying I have way better things to spend my money on. If you’re losing sleep over it, go for it.

Latest posts

Back