Kickstand options

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
What are the available options? I've only found the voodoo kickstand. I've got mine shortened. It's shortened as much as possible without a good bit of work or taking a torch to it. I'm about 2 3/4 lower in the front, and about 2 in the rear. I can't really find any specs on the voodoo stand. They just say 3 options, the lowest being 2". The one I've got works, but its just too upright for me to be comfortable with.

Mr. Brown - You can also try adjusting the pivot angle of the stand, so that it projects forward more, thus allowing the bike to lean over more. This also makes the bike less likely to roll forward and topple, if it is inadvertently parked on a slight downgrade, and left in neutral.
I lowered my bike 11/2" in front, 1"in the rear. By adjusting the pivot angle I was able to use the sidestand without bending or shortening it.
Cheers!

Mr. Brown - You can also try adjusting the pivot angle of the stand, so that it projects forward more, thus allowing the bike to lean over more. This also makes the bike less likely to roll forward and topple, if it is inadvertently parked on a slight downgrade, and left in neutral.
I lowered my bike 11/2" in front, 1"in the rear. By adjusting the pivot angle I was able to use the sidestand without bending or shortening it.
Cheers!

+1 My '99 was lowered with 17" radials, I ground the inside of the groove out which allowed it to swing farther forward....as Miles mentioned. Lowered bikes are more difficult to rock up on the centerstand also....you can resolve this by driving the rear tire onto a small peice of 1 x 6 or 2 x 6.

I guess grinding the pivot is my best option. The bikes been lowered for a couple years now, and the center stand was tossed the day I got it. I always put it in gear after I kill it and let it roll til it stops itself before the kickstand is put down. I just know people like to fool with bikes while they're parked, and it worries me. I've caught 3 different people on my bike while I wasn't looking, one of which I didn't know. How many do it that I don't know about?

Latest posts

Back