Kids riding gear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midmoraider

Reaction score
Hey all, I don't know if anyone has had as much trouble as me trying to find riding gear for kids. Helmets and gloves are pretty easy, but decent jackets and boots and such are almost non existant. I found this store that is in England called babybiker.com. They have everything you could ever want for your little riding partners. I recently ordered this jacket for my 9 year old daughter. It has CE rated armor in the elbows and shoulders and lighter padding in the back. It also has a zip off lower exterior that exposes the ballistic mesh underneath for hot days. The upper is thick leather that stays in place no matter how you have the lower section. Also, I found a good deal on some chaps to fit her on jafrum.com. I have a 6 year old as well that will get to use this stuff after the older one has outgrown them. I figure I can get quite a few years use out of these items and as long as we don't dump the bike and test them out :eusa_pray:, should be able to get a bit of money back on ebay or whatever. Sorry for the long winded post, but figured there were some parents that might be interested in these sites.

Attachments

• Tri-Dent_Jacket_Website.jpg
    Tri-Dent_Jacket_Website.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 7
Maybe something like this to give them another thing to hang onto besides just the bike. Motorcycle Passenger Safety Handles It looks like a handy device for those with smaller reach to give them something easy to hang onto.
Also on this website is the Go Cruise Throttle Control that I can vouch for. It works well, releases easily, takes a litlle getting used to to get it quickly set to a specific speed but with practice it works well. Maybe one of it's best features is that it only costs $20.
NOTE: I broke my first one (my fault) but from what Jeff (Kosrider) told me later is that he broke his as well but called the company and they replaced it for him. I had thrown away my receipt (or at least couldn't find it) so it's important to keep the receipt should it fail so youcan get it replaced.

Well I am impressed with the Throttle Control the ease of use and speed of the on and off.

I ended up getting some gait belt handles off ebay for $9. Then went to home depot and got a nice padded tool belt on sale for $12. Had a lady sew the handles in place where my daughter was most comfortable and now have a great set up.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

I ended up getting some gait belt handles off ebay for $9. Then went to home depot and got a nice padded tool belt on sale for $12. Had a lady sew the handles in place where my daughter was most comfortable and now have a great set up.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
That's a great solution, custom fit to give your daughter confidence while riding. Good on ya MMR!

Well I am impressed with the Throttle Control the ease of use and speed of the on and off.
It may have just been me but, I feel you need to take care when spreading it while placing it on the handlebar. Like I said, I am sometimes like a bull in a china shop, so I'm not blaming the product.
For $20 this product works as easy as the video demostrates. There are plenty of YouTube videos showing it in use.

Back