kinda bored with Vmax already

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TTAmoneypit

Reaction score
haven't had a street bike in a long long time , also went over 10 yrs without a motorcycle at all

past 2 yrs been riding a honda xr650r--in the dirt only

now about a month and 1/2 ago i got a 95 Vmax with full ufo exhaust K&N filter and modded airbox and Vboost switch

Vmax is fast thats for sure but I'm just not sure i like the seating position or the handling

not sure how many mile i put on the bike--went through like 10 tanks of fuel so far

I think I would enjoy an yamaha fjr 1300 more than i enjoy the Vmax:confused2:

All of your problems with handling can be corrected but If you have to have more then you should probably buy what you want. Too bad you live so far away. We've got a lot of active VMax Riders around here. It's a blast when we go on rides..

Welcome to the VMF...

haven't had a street bike in a long long time , also went over 10 yrs without a motorcycle at all

past 2 yrs been riding a honda xr650r--in the dirt only

now about a month and 1/2 ago i got a 95 Vmax with full ufo exhaust K&N filter and modded airbox and Vboost switch

Vmax is fast thats for sure but I'm just not sure i like the seating position or the handling

not sure how many mile i put on the bike--went through like 10 tanks of fuel so far

where is Danville?

What you need is a 2nd gen. V-MAX !!! All of your concerns will vaporize... Hey Bill i like that Steelers avatar. cool

A friend of mine sold his Vmax and got a FJR1300 last summer and loves it. I Must say that thing is fast also...

After looking at your pics and mods I can see why you are kinda bored. It looks like you ran out of things to do to your Vmax The bike looks great really nice job!

It is what it is...a 25 year old muscle standard. If you went into it expecting modern sportbike handling(or even modern cruiser handling), it's not too surprising you're getting bored with it.

The handling can be vastly improved on though if that's your bone of contention. Metzler ME880 or Shinko tourmaster tires are favorites here and are far better than the stock dunlops, both in grip and handling.

There's a fair bit you can do with the suspension also, from vendors on this site. Progressive or Ricor are also favorites and will be a big improvement over stock.

My bike came with frame braces, a fork brace, and Progressive front springs. For a bike of it's size and weight, I think it handles pretty damn good, as in dragging boot at 60mph on highway ramps. Definitely better than the stock Magna I used to have. It won't compete with a sportbike, but it can be greatly improved.

Converting to radial tires will help a ton also, but nobody makes a 15" radial for the rear, so you have to get a new wheel for the back. Big $$$ there.

So your problems can be fixed, just depends on how much time/money you want to invest here.

Your either a well seasoned rider or on some good antidepressants.:confused2:

I just came back from a ride I wont forget for a while. Air born a few times.:biglaugh:

Bored? Fuck no!

Hmmm....we need to help you :biglaugh: There has to be some other underlying problem. It is "by experience" impossible to get board by the Max. If any thing...an adrenilin rush every time you twist the wick. I loved the "unpredictable" first moments of blazing the rear tire....I was never sure what was going to happen.....just hang on and keep it pinned till you run out of nerv. Now thats interesting, and challenging....hardly boaring. You need to take the bike on some road trips and events......have a few races......build some good memories with it.......ride the darn thing like ya stold it LOL. Hope this helps :biglaugh:

maybe my problem is that i don't really enjoy anything anymore:bang head:

I slipped into something like that after my Mom passed. Laid around and drank all the time. Thats when I decided to get my stock 85 running again and haven't turned back. You have to have something you enjoy to keep you busy.

Go sky diving and then base jumping. Hang gliding..

Maybe you just THINK you're bored with the Max . Use the Jedi mind trick on yourself and repeat after me ( while waving your hand ) " I'm not bored with the Max "...:cool:

How'd that work out for ya ?

I know what you mean. My max is stock (2006) and it is a real pig in the handling department. I'm not looking to spend money on making it handle, either. I'm sure it can be improved, but the bike is probably too heavy to ever handle well. As a daily ride it is very comfortable and has great acceleration.

Maybe you just THINK you're bored with the Max . Use the Jedi mind trick on yourself and repeat after me ( while waving your hand ) " I'm not bored with the Max "...:cool:

How'd that work out for ya ?

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

That worked for me!

TTAmoneypit from PA. This is your formal invitation to the man cave. Or inbox.

Yeah...I know the feeling. I'm board with my 68 BB Chevelle too. It attracts the wrong attention and goes through tires like crazy. People want to race me all the time etc...Its a drag.

I'm board with my 68 BB Chevelle too. It attracts the wrong attention and goes through tires like crazy. People want to race me all the time etc...Its a drag.

Must be ruff.

Most of us are spoiled. Picture yourself glowing up in... the Gaza strip. Or Iran or some backward god forsaken country. Were lucky.

Latest posts

Back