Kinda Proud

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
I could be fairly accused of waiting way too long to take my daughter to the gun range. But I had to make sure she was ready. And let me tell ya -- she's a natural. At least I think so. Her first time ever even holding a pistol. I took the time to show her grip and trigger control. I threw up on of those EZ See targets... sent it out about 20 ft.

I said "Aim for the small red dot." First shot -- she hits it! WHAT!?

I wondered if she had fun... I got my answer when I went to say good night to her and she had her target up on her bedroom wall. I'll take that over posters of teen boy bands any day! :eusa_dance:

I hope you're all doing well. Sorry haven't been around on the forums much. Hopefully will be done with 2nd job soon! Cheers!

-Antonio

Attachments

• WP_20141205_18_47_52_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141205_18_47_52_Pro.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 30
  • WP_20141205_18_06_13_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141205_18_06_13_Pro.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 27
.22 - I didn't want her to worry about recoil. I got the Smith & Wess M&P .22 last year for training the kids and my girlfriend and to plink around. All of my handguns up to that point had been Walthers and I didn't want to be a Walther whore even the P22 is proven performer. So I get the M&P and then I read online later that the M&P .22 is made by Walther Arms. :rofl_200:

Guess I'm a Walther whore whether I want to be one or not.

Ole' eagle eye she is for sure Antonio. Neat. You should be proud!

Too bad she can't take those to school and do a little bragging of her own. (You didn't say how old she is though.)

Ole' eagle eye she is for sure Antonio. Neat. You should be proud!

Too bad she can't take those to school and do a little bragging of her own. (You didn't say how old she is though.)

She just turned 14. My son just turned 17.

My daughter and I have always had a "date night" about once a month give or take. It was my idea to get her used to going out and have her develop expectations of how she should be treated.

With two jobs I havent had a day off in 6 months so we haven't been able to go out. I got a 4 hour window last Friday evening and I thought I'd do something completely different. So after the range we went to a BBQ joint. Bullets & BBQ!

I'm just so glad she enjoyed it. I remember when we got in the car heading to eat she said "I really loved that smell... what was that?" I said "Burnt Gunpowder." She said "It smells awesome." Haha.

Attached a pic of the kids. She just had her confirmation last month.

Attachments

• stlouis_15.jpg
    stlouis_15.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 28
I cant think of a better night out than Bullets and BBQ. From what Ive experienced, kids remember the Quality of time....not the Quantity.

Take care my friend.

Latest posts

Back