Kmh to Mph convertor drive.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lookdonkey

Reaction score
I’ve got a speedo drive convertor already attached to my drive to convert from Kmh to Mph but Its not seeming to be accurate.
Does anyone know where I can source a replacement? Preferably the U.K.
And also what is the correct name for this piece as Ive tried a few combinations of terminology and can‘t find it’s name.
thanks

The simple thing to-do is to buy a USA market speedometer. I suspect the European drive hub and the USA are the same, and the difference in gearing is in the speedo itself.

Yes and don't think so.
I don't think there is a gearing difference, just the speedo face is marked differently. That is much easier for the manufacturer.
Mine was a Canadian import with kmh speed that I replaced by US speedo.

120 kmh is at 12 o' clock position on both.

So 3 options in order of bestness: get a US speedo, replace the speedo face, mark the glass with a permanent marker.

Search for "kmh to mph speedo adapter"

Plenty come up, from £30+

You need a short length of cable to join up..... actually scrub that, it may actually screw into the back of the speedo but the cover may no longer fit.

Yes and don't think so.
I don't think there is a gearing difference, just the speedo face is marked differently. That is much easier for the manufacturer.
Mine was a Canadian import with kmh speed that I replaced by US speedo.

120 kmh is at 12 o' clock position on both.

So 3 options in order of bestness: get a US speedo, replace the speedo face, mark the glass with a permanent marker.
Now, that's an idea! Just get someone to print an overlay with the MPH markings, and slap it onto the glass. Get several, so if it becomes crazed by sun, you simply replace it.

Back