KNEW NOTHING ABOUT MY VMAX BUT NOW, A YEAR LATER...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniffbooger

Reaction score
Thanks to all of the information and the great people here at the vmax forum, I have been able to get my project Vmax going and I'm currently commuting a few days per week to work on it. I've learned a TON about this bike from the older posts here, from reading and lurking and searching here, and also from some friendly tips and emails with a great guy named Sean Morley! So I finally decided to register and say thanks for all the moderators, site owners and members who contribute some really excellent information (and some really funny wisecrack comments here too).... THANKS!!!

As for the bike, I'm still tinkering and fine tuning it, but its good enough to get me around for now.... I bought it in Feb 2021, non running, only had 18k on the odometer, had been sitting for 4 years with gas in the tank. The prior owner had a stroke, could not ride anymore, and was selling it for cheap. I guess I took a big chance, since I just found out about the second gear thing last month, but I was lucky after I got it running it seems mine is solid and has no transmission issues. I have fixed up and flipped about 10 bikes in the past 20 years, after learning all about their little shortcomings and repairing them (mostly carburetors and cosmetics, no major engine work) but after resurrecting this one from the dead, I can't let her go... this one's a blast! I even had a V65 Magna a couple years ago and it was fun for a few months but parts like water pump were getting too hard to find...I couldn't see myself keeping it, so I let her go...and I really liked my 2002 VFR800 but the older I get (52 now) the less I can stand that riding position....but now, with my Vmax, its such a comfortable and fun ride, no chain to mess with, and available parts everywhere, I'm gonna keep this one! There's nothing like the feeling of instant roll-on torque in high gear down the freeway! Maybe there is a place where I can set a page up with some pics and everything I've done to the bike to get it running again? I'll have to look around the site more closely.

Thanks again to vmax forum and all the people who make it happen! You Rock!!🤘😛

cheers Jacob

Your efforts bore fruit. One of the best things about a VMax is that if someone's been into bikes for decades, they've at-least heard the rumors, and seen the bike at some point or another. Then to feel the VBoost, and to show someone on a newer bike what a VMax is about, well, another rider has been schooled.

Your efforts bore fruit. One of the best things about a VMax is that if someone's been into bikes for decades, they've at-least heard the rumors, and seen the bike at some point or another. Then to feel the VBoost, and to show someone on a newer bike what a VMax is about, well, another rider has been schooled.
Yes it's a fun bike for sure! My friend bought one new in 1988 and it was a bike I always knew about just never owned one before. I'm glad I got a deal and found something I can put some love into...they are so much more meaningful to own when you've done all the work yourself, and the time spent working on it keeps me out of other things that can be more expensive and less rewarding,.. like marriage! Lol

I guy I know here in South Florida had one of those AWD Eclipse Mitsubishi's, a huge turbo on it, and the exhaust looked like it was > 3" in diameter, not really sure what it was. It had a full bellypan on it, except where the exhaust ran. I saw it on a lift. He said it would smoke all four tires down the strip. I never saw it make a run. His business was building lowriders. The shop was busy.

YES, there are some AWD turbo Eclipses that will run 9 second 1/4 miles...they will smoke a lot of muscle cars when they are built like that...mine is more of a novelty, 350hp, FWD, and daily driver. Probably a 14 second car. Lots of fun, lots of looks, and lots of maintenance!

Thanx guys for the input.Always loved a Vmax.Half hearted boostaholic since Daytona has too many NHRA Matt Smith riders here. This guy will part with his 2007 16k miles for 3k. Was asking 3500.Problem is he's along way from Daytona beach. Thanks again and wheels down boys!

Back