Koso Analog Tach with water Temp problems.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchelljd02

Reaction score
98 MAX here. I put a Koso tach on, and I used the Grey wire from the OEM lead. I'm having trouble getting the tach set right.

At idle, my clip on tach on a cylinder lead shows 1230 rpms. With the koso set for a 4 stroke 4 piston, the needle is all over the place. Same thing happens when I set it for 4 stroke 1 piston.

I can only get the needle to stay steady at 1200 when I have the setting at 2 stroke 1 cylinder. Obviously I know our bike is a 4 stroke 4 piston.

Koso describes a 2 stroke for ignition at every 360 degrees (1 rotation of the piston) and 4 stroke at every 720 degrees ( every other rotation).

Has anyone used this gauge, and how did you make it work?

Also, I've searched the forum but I can't find a thread or post with the info I need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Which gauge is it? There are a few here that are running Koso's.
You might need to get yourself a tach adapter to smooth things out with the Vmax's wasted spark ignition.

Shoot me your address, I have one left I'll mail off to you, N/C

Have to set it up as a 2 cylinder to cover off the wasted spark, I'm running cops and wasn't able to use the grey wire for my Koso, I ended up having to buy the Koso filter and tie wrapping it onto the cop.

Here is the gague I'm using.

@KJShover 324 Fleetwood Road, York, SC 29745

Any suggestions on a good site to buy the COPs?

Attachments

• Koso.jpg
    Koso.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 17
Just wanted to update.

Koso gauge set at 2 stroke 1 piston. I have the OEM Gray wire as the input.

At idle, the koso reads a little above 1K and my clip on tach reads 1250.

When cruising at 60mph in 5th, I'm right at 4K.

Everything seems to be working OK.

Thanks to everyone that responded.

Back