Kryptolok didn't fit rotor - what disc lock would?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey,
I bought a Kryptonite disc lock (Kryptolok) but it doesn't fit these beefy stock rotors (by a mile).

I searched for disc-lock info on forum but couldn't find any mention of the rotor thickness and compatible disc locks.

I wonder what disc locks can fit these rotors? (preferably with an alarm from a reputable company)

Thanks

Thanks TK3333 ! I see that Xena XX-6 has a 7mm gap so I imagine it's a snug fit? The rotor itself is a full 7mm. The Kryptolok has a 6.5mm gap (I'm surprised, 0.5mm difference feels huge).

I ordered the XX-6 but it didn't fit my rotors. I'm pretty sure the rotors are stock because they look like the ones in the original Yamaha Release Photo:

Attachments

• 1990_VMAX1200.jpg
    1990_VMAX1200.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 0
Disc locks are a basic around these parts, I wouldn't leave my bike without one if I went into a store for any extended period of time. I'm surprised this hasn't been covered already in the forums, the fact that no standard locks seem to fit the VMax Gen 1.
As for filing insurance claims, what my agent told me was unless you've waited the average amount of time (17 years in the case of home burglary insurance) the company will see you as a risk and either drop you or increase your deductable. YMMV

Back