kuryakyn iso grip install

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmax1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have just purchased the iso style grips. I was reading the installation procedure when it said to use the glue included to install them. Really! Do you really need the glue to hold these grips on :ummm: What if you ever have to take them off. Any other grip I have put on I have never had to use glue. Just wondering.

Use hairspray....it will stay wet enough long enough to get them set. With an air gun you can put the tip under the grip to blow the grip up to get it off. Works great.

Yup i use hairspray works great. Just use more that you think you need. Really soak the bar and the inside of the grip. Wipe away the excess after yoy put them on and let dry over night.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I used the grip glue and still had the left hand grip spin on me after a month. Because of the uneven pocket shapes, there's less surface area to bite on to the handle bar. I ended up saying screw it and used 2-part epoxy on the left grip. The right grip was a tighter fit so the grip glue is still holding strong.

I used hair gel - worked great - had that lying around....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone will get a chuckle outta this, all ive ever used on my grips throughout the years is spit and ive never had a problem with one slipping. Granted, i use all rubber ones, nothing fancy, lol.

all I use is air both on and off. I have had most of the other methods fail on me after riding in the rain. (never tried spit)
If you do use the glue, be very careful and use as little as possible on the throttle grip. I have seen the glue ooze out and cause the throttle to stick. Just saying.

all I use is air both on and off. I have had most of the other methods fail on me after riding in the rain. (never tried spit)
If you do use the glue, be very careful and use as little as possible on the throttle grip. I have seen the glue ooze out and cause the throttle to stick. Just saying.

Agree. I've never used the glue, because the grips have been removed often for bar changes, or maintenance, such as throttle cable lubing.
And as Barry says, should be not used on the throttle tube at all. The tubes are very thin, and crack easily. Besides, I found the Kuryakyn R.H. grip to be a very good fit on the tube, making glue unnecessary.
The L.H. grip was a different story. Too loose on the handlebar. I wrapped the bar with electrical tape, along the full length of contact, until a good press fit was obtained. I think it only required one layer.
Anyone notice anything "odd" about these grips?
Cheers!

Attachments

• grips 001.jpg
    grips 001.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 35
  • grips 002.jpg
    grips 002.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 31
Contact glue on the left. Nothing on the right. To remove a screwdriver and a bit of wd40 with a tube

Back